shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions about Memoire Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have found a five stone Memoire band that I am seriously considering for a RHR. I currently have a RHR that would be traded in on this ring. The stones are H color, SI 1 although I am told that since it will have to be made in my size, I can basically specify the color and clarity of the stones. The total carat weight is 1.50. The stones were really lively; the mounting is shared prong and the stones curve around the finger very nicely. They are also low set. DH thought the stones were comparable in sparkle to my AGS0 stone in my ering.

In researching Memoire here on PS, I find that the company may be paired in some way with Hearts on Fire. Does anyone know if this is true? I know that Pearlman''s, Neiman Marcus, Saks and Bailey Banks and Biddle carry this brand. Do you know of anyone else?

I realize that I would probably be paying for a name brand, paying more because I was buying it at a retail store, and could have a custom ring made - maybe even cheaper. However, I really liked the design of this ring, could try it on before buying, and would not have to buy it if it came in and I didn''t like it. One of the biggest factors to me is that I can trade in my current RHR on this new ring.

Please let me know what you think - good or bad. I just want to hear some of your thoughts about it before I make a final decision. Other than the price issue, do you know any negative things about this company or their products? DH says go for it - whaddya think?

I have attached a picture of the ring in the 1 ct. version - the one I looked at was 1.50 so the stones are a bit larger.

pZALEBBB1-2226447dt.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know much about the company except that they are considered to be high end and that those on PS with Memoire rings seem to be very happy. I''m sure the ring will be beautiful and I definitley know what you mean about seeing it already made before you commit to it. The stones will be 30 points each!! That should be a very blingy RHR. If you love it, I say go for it!!! And how great that you can trade in your current RHR towards the new one!! How long did they say it would take to make it up? I''m already looking forward to pics and you haven''t even decided if you''re going to buy it
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to sell Memoire bands and I can say that they are very good quality. Go for it, you''ll be very pleased I''m sure!!!
2.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Dem and Kaleigh - I knew I could count on hearing from you guys!

It would take 4-6 weeks to get the ring. I am nervous about this but if for some reason I didn''t like the ring when it came in, I wouldn''t have to take it. The ring in the store is a size 7 and I wear a 5.5 so I pulled it tight on my finger so I could try to get an idea of what it would look like. I think I have a pretty good idea but you never know until you get it. I thought about getting them to price it out with G color stones but those H stones looked great. I looked at the stones with a viewer that I have. Could see arrows and no real discernable light leakage. I will go look at it one more time this week before making up my mind.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sevens -

That was the first band I looked at and compared to. Their pieces are just beautiful and the overall ring would be less expensive than what I would pay. However, I feel like I have to trade this ring in because I would never wear it again. In trading in this ring, I would have less cash outlay than if I bought the other one outright. There are so many folks that have beautiful ''collections'' of jewelry and switch them around all the time. I am not one of them. I only want what I wear on an everyday basis and having something lying around is just a waste to me. That''s just part of my jewelry sickness! Call me crazy
19.gif
''cause I am ~

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2005 9:00:37 AM
Author: MissGotRocks
Sevens -

That was the first band I looked at and compared to. Their pieces are just beautiful and the overall ring would be less expensive than what I would pay. However, I feel like I have to trade this ring in because I would never wear it again. In trading in this ring, I would have less cash outlay than if I bought the other one outright. There are so many folks that have beautiful 'collections' of jewelry and switch them around all the time. I am not one of them. I only want what I wear on an everyday basis and having something lying around is just a waste to me. That's just part of my jewelry sickness! Call me crazy
19.gif
'cause I am ~
I love a gal who knows what she wants!
27.gif
(I'm so indecisive)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nan, you indecisive??? LMAO. Inside JK!!!
9.gif

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Memoire makes a very nice product, and they make their rings in about six different qualities. The G/H SI1 is like their 4th quality down. They match stones perfectly and set them level with each and ebvefry other stone. Their pav'e work is the best I've seen in mass produced pieces. I would tell anyone to consider a Memoire ring!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Steve -

Thanks for the response. I have talked to a couple of vendors that sell this line. Some info I got the other day was that you could choose G/SI2 or H/SI1 with the higher clarity being more expensive than the higher color. Sounds backwards to me but I am going to ask the store to price the ring out in all ways. The H color stones looked great but I do want to consider all options before committing. Any other info or comments would be welcome!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I too am hoping for a Memoire eternity band someday. I think they are beautiful and know they are well made. Let us know what you find on one the pricing.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I was quoted $400 more for the E-F VS version of the ring. I was told the other was G-H SI1 although the tag said H SI1. I could probably call the company myself for further verification. $400.00 for 1.5 carat total weight color/clarity uprade did not seem to be unreasonable.

My current RHR is a three row invisible princess set ring. It is of course much wider than this Memoire band. This band looks like five stones in a row - the prongs are so small that there is virtually no mounting showing to speak of. The stones are very firey and are very low set.

I am having trouble making up my mind because it is such a different look than what I have. I looked at another thread with 5 and 7 stone rings. Seems like most of those rings are wedding bands paired with an ering. I have looked at Sevens five stone ring which looks very similar to what the Memoire band looks like. When you look at those pictures they look fine. When I look at it on my hand, it doesn''t seem very substantial although five .30 stones must look like something!?!?!?!?!!!!! I have relatively small hands and short fingers. It is simple and very elegant but maybe because it is missing a large mounting it looks small. I tried on the 2 ctw ring and it just looks too big - almost gaudy on my hand.

What do you guys think about a five stone ring as a RHR all by itself? Maybe I should look for something with more prongs or something that sets up higher giving the ring more substance. But then again, I think I was first attracted to this ring because of its well matched stones and sleek, low design. The salesgirl said I should go ahead and order it as I would be under no obligation to buy/and give them my trade in if I didn''t like it. She also said they were expecting more price increases after Christmas - course you never know about that for sure.

Thoughts or suggestions?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you can have them order it at no obligation I''d go for it. I think a five stone as a RHR would be great.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, I think it sounds just fabulous!! I definitely think five 30 point stones will be plenty substantial. I wear my shared prong wedding band alone on my right hand and it only has 4 point stones. If the 2cttw band was way too much, I would think 1.5 would be just perfect. I think you might just have to get used to it. And since you''re under no obligation to buy it, I would have them order it in your size and decide then.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am leaning toward ordering it - I also think it would make a difference if I could try it in my size! Most of what I have tried on are in size 7 and I wear a 5.5. It is truly hard to see the way it will fit on your finger when it is not in your size.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I definitely would not hesitate to order it in your size. Trying the ring on in your size will make the decision easier. There is a big difference between a size 7 and a size 5.5. Having seen your petite hands, I think five 30 point stones is quite subatantial. A well-cut 30 point stone is about 4.4 mm. Five in a row (not allowing for prongs or curvature) is 22 mm -- just something else to consider.

I like your current RHR, but I like the Memoire better -- just my 2 cents.
2.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks DiamondLil - now I need to find a ruler and measure out 22 mm. The prongs are so small that they take up virtually no room so I could probably get a better ''visual'' that way. Decisions, decisions!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
here are some pics for MGR

sp123.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock

sq124.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
last one

sx125.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great pics Nan. I adore your ring from SP!!!
30.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
great pics nan!
3.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW, it looks fabulous. I had the opportunity to see the memoire bands in person when i visited Pearlmans and they are so very worth the price. The prongs were all perfectly spaced and the stones were gorgeous. Your ring is no exception..

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Miss Got Rocks your new five stone ring is absolutely GORGEOUS! I bet it is dynamite in person!!! Thanks for posting those pics for us Nan.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
So sorry for the confusion folks; those pictures are of my band from Signed Pieces.

I was just putting in some more shots for MGR.
9.gif
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe, oops
41.gif
i thought you were posting for MGR..

Well, Nan your ring from SP looks amazing
3.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2006 5:28:19 PM
Author: mrssalvo
hehe, oops
41.gif
i thought you were posting for MGR..

Well, Nan your ring from SP looks amazing
3.gif
thanks so much. No sun today; it was not a great day for shooting sparklies
41.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I have not ordered anything yet. Sevens was just gracious enough to post pics of her beautiful band for some comparison.

I really liked the look of the Memoire band but know that SP makes a beautiful ring as well.

Any other thoughts anyone?
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

A huge thanks to Sevens - you're the best!!!!!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Memoire band in the .75cwt (so the stones are 15 points each). I got it at Bailey Banks & Biddle around 6 years ago. The diamond girdles hang over the "cups" of the setting so I would not wear it with an e-ring, but as a stand alone band it''s fine. I had a couple of instances where I loosened a couple of the stones, but they tightened them up and I have not had problems since.

This is my original wedding band, and it is the ring I wear almost daily. Mine is 18kt yellow gold (at the time my e-ring was YG) and it is a beautiful color. I have taken it to a couple of different local jewelers for cleaning and all have commented on what a beautiful, well made ring it is. The stones in my ring are H/SI1 and they are very sparkly.

I wish I could find my original receipt as I would love to trade it up for the 1cwt band. Did you get the ring you are trading in from BB&B?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results