shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions about First Diamond Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PearSolitaire

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend and I are ready to buy from a Pricescope represented vendor. I have been reading Pricescope threads for some time. As one can tell from my dorky user name--I want a pear shaped diamond in a white gold solitaire setting. We would like to procure a 1.25 - 1.45 carat stone, F or G in color, SI 1 with a lovely ideal cut on it. I like the plump pear shapes (especially in a solitaire). We have found a couple of nice stones with great prices on 2 websites that are frequently represented/mentioned on Pricescope. Here come the questions--any guidance would be really appreciated.

We live in MO and there are no independent appraisers listed on Pricescope in MO--how do we find a good, independent and local appraiser since we would like to be there while he does his thing?

If we have a diamond shipped to some fantastic appraiser up east or wherever--when do WE get to look at the diamond to see if we even love it????

How is the diamond insured as it travels about from appraiser to us to... What happens if something happens to the diamond during the ten day trial period?

He likes the wire transfer or cashier check method better (has funds readily available) than sticking it on a credit card--how safe is that, though, and what do most diamond buyers on the forum typically do in regard to payment?

We both own our own homes--who insures the diamond until we marry and buy together? Does the bride-to-be stick it on her policy or does the husband-to-be since he paid for it?

Is it bad if you see a stone that APPEARS to be available to buy from 2 different vendors? People have alluded to that on the forum--is it pretty common--does it matter--is it a "bad" sign????

Thanks in advance for any opinions/advice!! And thanks for helping us see the light with internet vendors. B&M''s were just not getting this deal done so we had to switch our focus!!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Gee, I don't think your username is dorky at all!
9.gif

I don't have any help for you on the appraisal part. As far as insurance, I would let your husband -to- be put the ring on his policy until you are married. As far as seeing the same stone on 2 or more different websites, this is common practice since a lot of the pricescope vendors depend on the same database, they don't actually have the stones in stock but rather can get them from the same source. I wouldn't let that worry you. You'll get a better price with a bank wire since a credit card will cost you about 2-3% more but you do have the added security for your purchase on the credit card so it may be worth it to you. Good luck-- as you can see from my username, I love them too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results