shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions about diamond images for possible studs upgrade

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I purchased a pair of gorgeous 3-pointer earring jackets from IDJ and my studs might just be a tad too small for them, there is a bit of an airline. It doesn't bother me terribly but I'm considering upgrading my studs anyways, in the hopes that I can sell a few things sitting in my jewelry box to cover part of the cost. I'm looking at these 2 diamonds from BGD and I currently have them on hold:

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.440-F-VS2-Round-Diamond-AGS-104057888018#!prettyPhoto[gallery2]/1/

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.440-F-SI1-Round-Diamond-AGS-104057888019#!prettyPhoto[gallery2]/1/

I feel like I should know more about Idealscope and ASET images since I spend way too much time stalking this site :wink2: but I still have a few questions regarding the VS2 stone. For the idealscope image, what do the little white areas around the edge of the VS2 stone indicate? The SI1 stone is red edge-to-edge so I was curious if those white areas were a considered to be a negative. Also, in the ASET images on the AGS reports, the VS2 stone has a green area in the middle, while the SI1 stone is red. What do these differences indicate?

I realize that I probably can't go wrong with AGS 000 diamonds but I'd still like to learn what these things mean in regards to the performance of the stones. I'm especially curious because these diamonds are priced the same or lower than a few of their slightly smaller signature stones so I'm wondering if there is a reason for this.

Thanks in advance! :wavey:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Re: Questions about diamond images for possible studs upgrad

*shameless bump*

No thoughts? :rolleyes:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

I wish I could be more help, but I'd interpret the ASET and IS images the same as you - to me, the VS2 stones look likes it has some light leakage around the edges... but minimal. IMO, they are both beautiful stones and I don't think you'd have any problems with that pair!!

We can be "twins"! mine are BGD .44 and .43!!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Remind me how big your current studs are? How much more are these than what you paid? Is the visual difference going to be enough to justify the costs? The stones look great for studs, IMO.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

yennyfire said:
Remind me how big your current studs are? How much more are these than what you paid? Is the visual difference going to be enough to justify the costs? The stones look great for studs, IMO.

Yenny, this is why I am hesitating. My current studs are 0.31ct each and both stones measure 4.33 x 4.36mm. For me to do the upgrade, it will cost me out-of-pocket $1090 right now (and that includes the cost of the new settings). Do you think it would be worth it to spend that much to go up to 4.9mm each? I have a 5mm CZ stud and it does look better in the jackets than my diamond studs do. But I'm not sure it looks $1K better, although it would be nice to have larger studs too :naughty: Let me know what you think.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock

I would not upgrade only for the jackets because it won't make any real difference -- the diameter to the outer edge of the jacket will be the same!

As solo studs there is a noticable difference between 4.3 and 5mm in my experience. You have a CZ so you can compare in person.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D said:
I would not upgrade only for the jackets because it won't make any real difference -- the diameter to the outer edge of the jacket will be the same!

As solo studs there is a noticable difference between 4.3 and 5mm in my experience. You have a CZ so you can compare in person.

I realize the total jacket size won't increase but it would decrease the airline between my studs and jackets, which would be nice. I wear the studs alone almost daily so if there would be a noticeable size difference, then it might be worth it to me to upgrade. But that is a lot of moola for such a small size difference.

It's hard to compare to the CZs that I have because my studs have 8 prongs, which I think make them look larger, and the CZs have 4 tiny prongs. I do notice a difference though but not a huge one.

Thanks for chiming in Dreamer!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Enerchi said:
I wish I could be more help, but I'd interpret the ASET and IS images the same as you - to me, the VS2 stones look likes it has some light leakage around the edges... but minimal. IMO, they are both beautiful stones and I don't think you'd have any problems with that pair!!

We can be "twins"! mine are BGD .44 and .43!!!

Yeah, I don't know what leakage is "supposed" to look like on those images so I really have no clue!

.44 ct stones would be a nice size to have, I wish I could make up my mind! And we really would be earring twins, since you ARE getting these beautiful jackets, RIGHT? :bigsmile:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

oh YEAH!!! but not till June. Furnace payments come first...

I mean --- how fun is paying for a furnace, right??? It's GREAT....how could i prefer diamonds to heat??? :rolleyes:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Enerchi said:

I mean --- how fun is paying for a furnace, right??? It's GREAT....how could i prefer diamonds to heat??? :rolleyes:

That is so NOT fun!! Who needs heat when you can haz more sparklies?! :Up_to_something:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

stargurl78|1334890449|3175822 said:
Enerchi said:

That is so NOT fun!! Who needs heat when you can haz more sparklies?! :Up_to_something:

....TOTALLY!!! I mean, so what if I live in a part of the province that can be snow filled for 5 months with regular winter temps in the -15C to -20C range???? Heat is sooo over rated when there are diamonds to be bought! I AM WITH YA on that one! (but sadly, others who live here in the house with me, don't share my enthusiasm. They are such buzz kills.... :rolleyes: ;)) :rolleyes: ) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results