shape
carat
color
clarity

Question: mounting comes back different and much more $$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
ring looks nothing like the design yet still very pretty. The trapezoids are HUGE HUGE HUGE. The ring is a bling bling glamazon ring with the bigger sides. Honestly I can see why the price is so much higher............... havent yet decided what to do. the ring was supposed to be entirely micropaved and several areas werent done--have no idea why. said i would take it for the new price IF they pave''d the rest but the vendor doesnt know if the jeweler will do it at no extra cost. I said that was the only way i''d take it OTHERWISE I wanted it rebuilt as it was supposed to be. I feel he has to take some responsibility for diong it his way...........

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2005 4:45:20 PM
Author: Feydakin
Stand your ground on this one.. Your diamond broker needs to make this right now matter what.. Especially since the design was changed so dramatically..
I agree. You shouldn''t take if you''re not comfortable with the traps. They should also cut you a break on price. If they remake or refund you, all of their labor cost is down the tubes for the first ring

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone--i know its silly--I am willing to pay the extra money because its apparent that the stones were significantly more..............if i say no scrap and rebuild they will pay more in the long run..................

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2005 4:56:45 PM
Author: crankydave
Everyone in agreement? Too warm and fuzzy....

''Hello? Mister President? I was wondering what plans you had for the Stealth bombers today. Yes, I''ll hold...''

Dave
you are hilarious! fuzzy yes , warm no

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2005 4:58
6.gif
1 PM
Author: windowshopper
Thanks everyone--i know its silly--I am willing to pay the extra money because its apparent that the stones were significantly more..............if i say no scrap and rebuild they will pay more in the long run..................
Different doen''t necessarily mean better or worse - just different. If you really like the setting that was made for you, then by all means keep it. If you are just settling or trying to cut the vendor a break, then don''t. This is a lot of money. Don''t settle for something that isn''t perfect in your eyes. But, agian, if it''s a happy accident then don''t feel compelled to return it either.

Good luck.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2005 5
6.gif
3:19 PM
Author: fire&ice

Date: 1/18/2005 4:58
6.gif
1 PM
Author: windowshopper
Different doen''t necessarily mean better or worse - just different. If you really like the setting that was made for you, then by all means keep it. If you are just settling or trying to cut the vendor a break, then don''t. This is a lot of money. Don''t settle for something that isn''t perfect in your eyes. But, agian, if it''s a happy accident then don''t feel compelled to return it either.

Good luck.
well its funny--i like it enough with some tweaks i think it wll be spectacular BUT he left off a couple of small things that were just intrinsic to the design so if he will be reasonable and make some concessions (ie doing what he was supposed to and what was included in the orginal estimate--namely finishing the pave''ing of the basket) then i think it may be in the long run a better design overall. But he went nuts with his own stuff and ignored quite a few of my key elements.................keep you posted! and thanks!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would it be possible to post the original design along with the finished ring ? There usually is a schetch...

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2005 5:30:55 PM
Author: valeria101
Would it be possible to post the original design along with the finished ring ? There usually is a schetch...
Yes, I, for one, would like to see how *much* artistic license he gave himself.
6.gif

I can''t figure out whether he thought he was doing an ultimate good, just plain arrogant about *his* design, or some sort of communication snafu.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2005 5:40:50 PM

6.gif

I can''t figure out whether he thought he was doing an ultimate good, just plain arrogant about *his* design, or some sort of communication snafu.
to Valeria101 and FIre & Ice

It may be a few days but I can do that: I dont have the ring yet and I am still waiting to hear about the additional work. I do have a sketch as well as a online photo of one of the designers rings it was to be modelled after --so once I have the ring I can photgraoph the whole thing

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2005 5:40:50 PM

6.gif

I can't figure out whether he thought he was doing an ultimate good, just plain arrogant about *his* design, or some sort of communication snafu.
To Fire&Ice:
Here is a partial list of details that account for the vast difference--just as an update...

Original ring: platinum, entirely micropave'd, split prongs, tapered shank set with 4 traps/2 per side (approx .24/.15 individually bezel set and milgrained.

Current mounting: platinum, bead set diamonds along top of shank beginning below bottom trap and 3/4 down the side as well as row of bead set diamonds along the end basket bars right under the center stone.(that's all...) Flat foldover prongs. The larger traps are almost entire length from corner to corner) of the center stone (EC), and flush set (not separated by metal)--1.5 carat tw D or E (not sure) color.

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
Windowshopper, been following this entire thread and hope that what ever choice you make you end up 100% satisfied with the ring. Hang in there, and I too would like to see pictures.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
UPDATE:

IT WILL BE A WEEK TO TEN DAYS TO "COMPLETE" THE EXISTING RING" WITH MODIFICATIONS CONSISTING OF BASICALLY FINISHING WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE FIRST PLACE
emotion-40.gif
. THE MUCH LARGER TRAPEZOIDS ARE 1.5 CARATS TOTAL/D COLOR-WOW..... (MY ORGINAL GOAL WAS A SIMPLE AD ELEGANT SOLITAIRE BUT I FEEL IT WILL BE FABULOUS WITH THE COMPLETION/ADDITION OF ALL OF THE ORGINALLY SPECIFIED MICRO-PAVE AND SPLIT PRONGS).

AS FIRE & ICE SAID IT WILL BE LIKELY A "HAPPY ACCIDENT" AND WHILE I AM SPENDING QUITE A BIT MORE IT MAY BE WORTH IT LONG TERM...I TOLD MY HUSBAND WHEN HE UPGRADES ME TO A 5 CARAT IT WILL LOOK JUST LIKE THE MOUNTING WOULD HAVE IN THE ORGINAL SKETCH.....................HAHAHAHA

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Looking forward to seeing the result! Hope it''s resolved to your satisfaction.........

(Chin up!!
20.gif
)

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
just looking: i LOVE your avatar!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Having a hard time visualizing this as so many variables that are unusual - traps/em cut/size. What am I saying? I want a pic!
28.gif
9.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
..also - ever get any concrete reason the design was altered so much?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2005 3:41:20 PM
..also - ever get any concrete reason the design was altered so much?
no --i have a feeling that maybe the communicationof the specifics on the part of the vendor to the jeweler may have been less than complete.......... I know the jeweler superficially, and know another diamond supplier who made some comments about his reliabilty (not his talent..) so it may be some of both.

EDIT: also pix--when i get the whole thing back --a week or so.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results