shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for the professionals...installation of sizing beads

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
My eternity Tacori rings are each a bit too large now that I have lost some weight. I took them to my local jeweler today to get small sizing beads put in each ring.

Few questions:
1- How much of a change in size do small sizing beads elicit? 1/4? 1/2? The owner looked at them on my finger and said that the medium sized would probably be too much

2- If in fact the small are not enough, would they have to remove them and add fresh, larger beads, or would they add metal over the existing smaller beads?

3- Will they have to make the inside of the eternity ring larger at all to install the beads? They didnt mention anything about that but I was reading on the internet that they usually upsize the ring 1/4 size first then add the balls. PLEASE tell me that they wont do this! The beads are getting added because the ring is too big to begin with so I dont know if they would need to do that but I am freaking out that they will ruin my Tacoris.

Im calling them tomorrow to make sure they dont do that!

please enlighten and thank you so much!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
They won''t resize them and if this guy saw what happened last time he knows better. I would think that the beads would not be made bigger, just more added.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is also something called a butterfly spring. I wish i saved the pic to my hard drive but it''s something i would consider rather than the beads. it''s looks more comfy. it''s a tiny spring that opens to get over your knuckle and then tightens back up around your finger. they place it on the inside of your band, no one can see it and it can be removed if ever need be.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results