shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for Ideal rock posters

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

topps9898

Rough_Rock
I posted this question earlier and I am just looking some other expert opinions on the rock listed below. I recieved one response and Im just in a rush for an opinion becuase D-day is this week. Thanks.

GIA certificate
2.01 ct princess cut: Rectagular modified brilliant
Measurements.7.07x6.70x5.09mm
Color G
Proportions
depth 76%
Table 74%
Girdle thin to thick
Cutlet none
Finish
Polish VG
Symmetry VG
Clarity SI2 (eye clean face up)
Fluorescence none

The inclusions on this diamond are crystal, feather needle, extra facet. They all appear to be deep within the stone (center right) and the jewler offered me a life time guarentee. He also stated that these inclusions would not effect the brilliance of the stone. THe price is $10,400.

Is this a good stone? Is this a good price? Please write back ASAP, I have already left a down payment. I appreciate everyones help and look forward to hearing your responses. Thanks.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
The price seems pretty decent. Past that we really don''t have much to go on. Most princesses are cut for weight retention and not optimal light return, but they are still quite stunning. How important is it to be at the very top of the cut pyramid? Table size and crown height are very important but you don''t have the info on those. Read the recent article on princess grading and you''ll see that some of the truths about how most princesses are cut are being exposed by the new AGS cut grades. For most consumers it is more information than they need or will ever want.

What else to do want to know? I''d look at the inclusions to see if they are easily visible. I''d look at the color to see if it is evident in the corners. How does it look from the side? Ideally I''d compare it side by side with other stones. Does it need to be perfectly square? Can you see its rectangular-ness? Do you care? There are lots of fish in the sea - don''t let the vendors convince you otherwise.

topps9898

Rough_Rock
From what I understand from calculations this is a 2A cut stone from the calculations I ran on gemappraisal.com. I''ve compared this stone an almost ideal princess and couldn''t see much of a difference. I have also looked at it v.s. niver colors and it holds up. The inclusions on this stone I cannot see with the naked eye, though see fairly easy under 10X magnification or bottom up. I would assume the cut is very good, in comparison to another stone same size this appeared slighty bigger. I was told this was because it was a better cut. You could see the rectangular shape but not to an extreme. I would love a perfect square perfect cut 2 ct princess but then we are talking 13-15k right? The stats I provided above are from the GIA cert. From your knowledge how would you rate this diamond based on that info?
Poor
Avg
Good
Very Good

Please take price into consideration. When a ran a search for other princess cut stones with a 76% depth 74% table gia cert 2ct the cheapest price I found was 13K. I appreciate your opinions and value them a lot. Please provide me with a bunch more lol. Thanks a million
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of rectangular... this is (l/w) 1.07:1 and GIA stops calling diamons "square" at 1.05:1... The 0.02 must be the reason of the slight discount. Not sure I would mind the shape, unless the proportions do away with brilliance somehow.

This
using_fancy_princess_leakage_sm.JPG
is what I mean. The example comes from ideal-scope.com

There is no corresponding photo of what the respective pattern of light retun looks in flesh at the source. I think the princess cut below has the "look" (the glassy triangular sections N-S).

Not that every slightly rectangular princess cut looks like this, just one detail to look for, in my opinion.

SquareBow.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results