shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for eternity ring wearers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
Okay well im still on the CAD image stage of my ering design and something is just bothering me a little. And yes ive done searches on this topic but the last time one was started a lot of new eternity ring wearers have joined :)
How safe does your eternity band feel and how hard have you been on it? Also what was your reasoning in choosing a eternity band? I live a pretty leisurely life so I dont think I will be to hard on my ring its just that I worry mentally everytime I go to touch something I will have to worry about my ring. Just wondering what you all thought about yours. :) Thank you in advance I appreaciate it :)

Ice Snoop

Rough_Rock
Hi Carly,

I have a half eternity wedding band with very tiny diamonds - 2 pt rb (14 diamonds in total). About a month after I got married (and I never took it off) I awoke with horror one morning to find one of the diamonds missing! I searched high and low for that diamond and unbelievably found it in the bedroom carpet. Amazing! Anyway I took it back to the (very reputable) jeweller who made it and they were very apologetic and reset and checked the whole ring. They said that the diamonds take a while to "settle down" after the ring starts being worn so that you need to get the setting checked a couple of times early on (although they forgot to tell me this when we purchased the ring!!!). Anyway, since then I've never taken the ring off (has been 2 years) and it's been totally fine. I do get the setting checked once a year now. I'm not hard on my rings but it does get the odd bang.

Ice Snoop

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Carly,
I chose my eternity band b/c I just love the sparkles they give off. I saw a picture of one paired with a solitaire when I first got engaged 7 years ago and we couldn''t afford one at the time. My hubby ended up buying me one made with 3 point stones. I am not very hard on my hands at all but when I first got it I was very worried about it banging on things. I did get used to though pretty quickly and was aware of it. Personally, I just love the idea of a full eternity band, a complete circle of diamonds which is why I went with a full. I also didn''t want the rings to spin and see metal. I am in the process of getting a new wedding set but will still be doing full eternity on the new set.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2007 5:38:45 PM
Author: Ice Snoop
They said that the diamonds take a while to ''settle down'' after the ring starts being worn
I don''t know about that. I have never heard this before.

Anyway, I have a .90 carat eternity band as a wedding band from WF. I am very easy on it, and actually don''t wear it all that often so is is still in perfect condition. I wanted an eternity band because rings tend to spin on my fingers due to my larger knuckles and skinny fingers. So I didn''t want to see any plain band when it spun around.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I love mine. No problems and I''m moderately hard on it (garden, work, wallop it around in general). Mine is full eternity. It''s my favorite piece of jewelry.

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
My wedding band is a channel set eternity band. I am pretty hard on jewelry, but so far, no problems what so ever! My rings tend to spin, and not having an eternity band for a wedding band would have just driven me crazy!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mine is prong set so it''s very secure and i bang it all over the universe. i''m very hard on my hands but my rings have held up really well.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am tough on my things sometimes. I have a shared prong eternity with emerald cuts and I love it but it is not the most comfy thing in the world...it is fairly thick and wide and it took time for me to get used to it! If you shake it and you hear rattling, it means a prong is loose, it is always important to check your prongs...

:)

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have a full eternity - the only big drawback IMO to a full eternity is that you cannot resize it. If you think you may need to resize, then think about maybe a 3/4 eternity. O/W they are quite beautiful!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Full eternity band wearer checking in. 1.6 ctw, size 6.25, 20 stones, so .08 each. it''s an estate piece and ~50 years old, I figure if it''s made it this far it will be fine on my finger for everyday wear. I love it. Each stone is individually prong set in it''s own little u-shaped basket.
It''s a smidge too big, so I wear a v. v. thin plain plat. band between it and my e-ring.
We went w/ this band because my e-ring has .15 and .10 side stones, and the stones in the band appear to be the same size as the .10 sides in my e-ring.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I have 2 eternity bands and haven''t had trouble with either of them. A good tactic when you''re wearing an eternity band is to always pretend you''ve just had your nails done and the polish is still wet. Also, check the prongs each time you take the band off.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My e-band is channel set so I feel like it is pretty secure. I am not hard on my rings but I also don''t baby them. I think it is VERY comfortable.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I bang my hands everywhere and my eternity ring has held up just fine...the diamonds are bead set and I''ve had them checked for loose stones a few times and nada. GO FOR IT!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results