shape
carat
color
clarity

question about si1 w cloud at certain magnification

aimer87

Rough_Rock
Would an si1 diamond w a cloud n small crystal visible at 60x but NOT at 10x affect the diamond much
I wouldn't think it would since grading is done at 10x or am i wrong

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Grading is done at 10x. Whether it affects the brilliance of a particular diamond would be something the gemologist at the vendor would have to tell you while looking at the diamond. If it is the grade setting inclusion (first listed on the clarity plot) then it might be something to worry about. If it isn't listed first, but last, then it's less likely to be something to worry about.

aimer87

Rough_Rock
Its not listed first and ive never noticed it before until they got the stone in and i looked at it underva loupe n didnt see it at all but when we used tge scope at 60x i could see it

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
aimer87|1408505241|3735990 said:
Its not listed first and ive never noticed it before until they got the stone in and i looked at it underva loupe n didnt see it at all but when we used tge scope at 60x i could see it

CHEATING!!!!!!!

LOL, Totally CHEATING!

Diamonds are graded under 10X and someone was able to see it at 10X but when you needed to go to 60 X to see it you have answered your own question, it is NOT at all likely to have any eye visible effect on the diamond's look.

I am glad I did not have a mouthful of coffee or water when I read this post, I snorted only air and did not damage my keyboard.

You have judged the diamond with your own eyes, what did THEY think?

Wink

aimer87

Rough_Rock
Sorry i dont know much about any of it. I thought it was lovely but since the jeweler brought it up and wanted to show it at 60x i wasnt sure if it meant anything bad

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a VS1. I can't find anything with a 10x loupe. So when I drop my ring off at jewelers for work (polishing, sizing...) I always ask for a 40x loupe and use that to plot my inclusions for the receipt/log.

Beyond that, there is no reason to ever look at your diamond at high magnification. Ignorance is bliss.

aimer87

Rough_Rock
Yea very true. Im the type that once i see it n know where it is i obsess

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results