shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about DBTY

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! everybody!
I'd like to hear your opnion about DBTY.
my son is going to give me DBTY.I have choice 1.5ctw ( 10 ) and 2.0ctw(10) .
do you think that it's much diffarent looks between 1.5ctw and 2.0ctw?
Plmk what do you think.thank you.

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I don't have an opinion, but I am curious if this is for a necklace or bracelet. Also do you have tiny or larger wrist/neckline area. That might be helpful for some PSer with experience with DBTY. Im interested in what others have to say as Im looking into purchasing either next year.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
paulav :angel: thanks for reply.
sorry missing many info.it's necklace 18" / have kind of small neck ( but I don't like short necklace)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would recommend 7-20 pointers spaced 1.5 inch apart placed towards the front. With a jump ring so that you can wear it at 18" or shorter if you want - options are great! That's how I had my DBTY made (minus jump ring :( ).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an 18 inch DBTY with 9 smaller stones, but it is a length that I think is better to use with pendants (unless one has a larger neck). I think they hang better when they circle the neck, around 16 or 17 inches. I do think 10 stones is great for that length. I'd prefer one more stone on mine. I also have a 36" DBTY and it has 14 point stones. I really think either 15 or 20 points would be fabulous, but I'd go for excellent cut stones with good color and clarity, so I'd do whichever fits in the budget better.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!PintBean. thanks for your post.
I like shorter space DBTY however this time my choice is only 1.6inch apart.( I am trying to not to picky on this because gift from my son who just got he's first Job)
what do you think?
PintoBean|1415059365|3777076 said:
I would recommend 7-20 pointers spaced 1.5 inch apart placed towards the front. With a jump ring so that you can wear it at 18" or shorter if you want - options are great! That's how I had my DBTY made (minus jump ring :( ).

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! diamondseeker :wavey:
I already have couple DBTY but never have 10point bigger stone one.
diamondseeker2006|1415062395|3777094 said:
I have an 18 inch DBTY with 9 smaller stones, but it is a length that I think is better to use with pendants (unless one has a larger neck). I think they hang better when they circle the neck, around 16 or 17 inches. I do think 10 stones is great for that length. I'd prefer one more stone on mine. I also have a 36" DBTY and it has 14 point stones. I really think either 15 or 20 points would be fabulous, but I'd go for excellent cut stones with good color and clarity, so I'd do whichever fits in the budget better.

long story to make short.
I know he's budget is way less for WF ..and I don't add any money on this because I just respect
my son't idea.
but seems like I can get least excellent cut or very good with G/SI1.well let's see.
I decied to go 1.5ctw. :angel:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great! I think that is a fine size for the necklace and that spacing will be good! That is a generous gift from your son! Please come back with some pictures for us!

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker. you know what? I am thinking to get it at E bay!!! hehe
I will post it when I get it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results