shape
carat
color
clarity

Question About Blue Nile Diamond Images

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

I was looking at Blue Nile's diamonds. I noticed that you can click on a picture of the diamond itself, and in the corner is a smaller diamond picture that says 'sample picture'. Is this the actual size of the diamond that you have clicked on? It makes sense, because the picture is much smaller for the smaller sized diamonds, and if I click on a princess stone with a more rectangular shape, the image becomes more rectangular. On the other hand, they do seem a bit big to me (the 1.5 carats look larger than 1.5 carats, etc) - but maybe I am wrong.

Can anyone help clear this up for me? Thanks!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're definitely not to scale on my monitor

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think the sample picture is a stock photo and not the actual photo of the diamond you are looking at

Celtic Esquire

Rough_Rock
shihtzulover said:
Hi everyone,

I was looking at Blue Nile's diamonds. I noticed that you can click on a picture of the diamond itself, and in the corner is a smaller diamond picture that says 'sample picture'. Is this the actual size of the diamond that you have clicked on? It makes sense, because the picture is much smaller for the smaller sized diamonds, and if I click on a princess stone with a more rectangular shape, the image becomes more rectangular. On the other hand, they do seem a bit big to me (the 1.5 carats look larger than 1.5 carats, etc) - but maybe I am wrong.

Can anyone help clear this up for me? Thanks!

My understanding is that it's a stock photo that they use.

Blue Nile doesn't have possession of any of its diamonds except for its Signature Ideal ones so that is why they don't post pictures of the actual diamonds.

Someone correct me if I am wrong though!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results