shape
carat
color
clarity

Quality of ID Jewelry diamond studs

elizabethtwrs

Rough_Rock
I'm in the market for simple diamond studs, around the 0.6-0.tcw range. Does anyone have any from ID Jewelry? How do they compare to WF ACA or BG signature? The ID ones seem to be pretty competitively priced.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I just replied to you on another thread when you were asking about which kind of diamonds. I basically said that idealcut mrb's or AVR's would be my choice. Great light performance definitely matters on the ears, if you want your diamonds to look their biggest and brightest!

IDJ can find nice stones when price is the number one priority. I went with Whiteflash ACAs because I wanted stones that could later even be used in a ring, if I wanted. I have upgraded a couple of times, so it has been the right thing for me. You aren't going to get the same cut quality at IDJ, but they have had happy customers. The main thing with them has been a discrepancy in what they and the customers have considered eyeclean, so if I were to use them, I would request VS2 stones at the outset. You generally get what you pay for, but most of us have to balance what we really want with our actual budget!

elizabethtwrs

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1425333741|3840873 said:
Oh, I just replied to you on another thread when you were asking about which kind of diamonds. I basically said that idealcut mrb's or AVR's would be my choice. Great light performance definitely matters on the ears, if you want your diamonds to look their biggest and brightest!

IDJ can find nice stones when price is the number one priority. I went with Whiteflash ACAs because I wanted stones that could later even be used in a ring, if I wanted. I have upgraded a couple of times, so it has been the right thing for me. You aren't going to get the same cut quality at IDJ, but they have had happy customers. The main thing with them has been a discrepancy in what they and the customers have considered eyeclean, so if I were to use them, I would request VS2 stones at the outset. You generally get what you pay for, but most of us have to balance what we really want with our actual budget!

Thanks diamondseeker! I just saw some of your replies on other similar threads. I think I will go for MRBs for my studs, most likely WF ACA or the expert selection ones. Your replies have been really helpful!

Now if a pre-owned pair would just pop up I would be all over them...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have popped up in small sizes, but so many people keep them and trade up that we don't see many for sale. But you can't go wrong with ACA's or Expert Selection!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results