shape
carat
color
clarity

Putting the Numbers into the HCA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
When you put the numbers in the HCA and get a score below 2, where do you prefer to see your excellent grades? Light Return, Fire, Scintillation, or Spread?

While looking at diamonds and trying to narrow down my search, I have come across a few with scores below 2 in the HCA. I have come up a couple with Excellent in Lt Return, Fire, & Scintillation, but only Very Good in Spread and others with Excellent in Light Return and only very good in the other categories.

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dun worry about the VG spread, only stones below a 60.3% depth will get Ex in spread.

EDT:
Do not use HCA for selection, the only main difference is FIC and the BIC range. FIC will give more fire, with a larger crown angle. BIC more light returns with a smaller crown angle. Most prefer in the middle, the cross landing in the overlap between AGS ideal and GIA Ex.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2009 7:33:05 PM
Author:soocool
When you put the numbers in the HCA and get a score below 2, where do you prefer to see your excellent grades? Light Return, Fire, Scintillation, or Spread?

While looking at diamonds and trying to narrow down my search, I have come across a few with scores below 2 in the HCA. I have come up a couple with Excellent in Lt Return, Fire, & Scintillation, but only Very Good in Spread and others with Excellent in Light Return and only very good in the other categories.
I don''t use the HCA for selection, only rejection and for it to tell me what type of diamond it might be. The HCA cannot physically see the diamond and is working from very limited info so really it is to be used as a pass or fail system.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results