shape
carat
color
clarity

PSers frequently talk about "mind clean" for clarity...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
is there also a "mind clean" on color choices?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1400363162|3675091 said:
is there also a "mind clean" on color choices?

I believe there is my American BF, I think we see that a lot. Only the other day, I think I mentioned colour grades in the context of being ' mind clean' to quote your good self. :tongue:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course!!! It just differs from person to person, obviously!

You knew the answer to this, DF. :naughty:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
E is my mind clean, however, I do not intend to buy anymore diamonds in E colour, as one is enough and my EC is very sentimental to me.

DK :))

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1400363923|3675100 said:
Of course!!! It just differs from person to person, obviously!

You knew the answer to this, DF. :naughty:

He did, didn't he DS....the question is what is he up to....
hmmm.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1400364248|3675102 said:
E is my mind clean, however, I do not intend to buy anymore diamonds in E colour, as one is enough and my EC is very sentimental to me.

DK, is that a kitty I see slumbering almost on top of what appears to be a dear little Border terrier in your avatar?
luv12.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.

Nobody cares what color their diamond is.

:devil:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei|1400364851|3675112 said:
dk168|1400364248|3675102 said:

DK, is that a kitty I see slumbering almost on top of what appears to be a dear little Border terrier in your avatar?
luv12.gif

I see what you mean, it does look like she is on top of the dog which is indeed a BT. However, there is no way the dog would allow that to happen, and she was lying further up the bed when the pic was taken.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me no. But I don't have a "mind clean" feeling towards clarity either.

If I like the way the diamond looks I don't care if its a si1 N or a VVS1 d

Now that's not to say I wouldn't "prefer" one to the other. But I dont consider "mind clean" the same as prefer. I consider the idea of "mind cleanliness" to be when you find a trait where, though miniscule and often undetectable, the thought of it makes you uncomfortable.

It wouldn't make me uncomfortable to wear any color.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1400366754|3675130 said:
For me no. But I don't have a "mind clean" feeling towards clarity either.

If I like the way the diamond looks I don't care if its a si1 N or a VVS1 d

Now that's not to say I wouldn't "prefer" one to the other. But I dont consider "mind clean" the same as prefer. I consider the idea of "mind cleanliness" to be when you find a trait where, though miniscule and often undetectable, the thought of it makes you uncomfortable.

It wouldn't make me uncomfortable to wear any color.

I'm with Niel on this... I don't get the whole "mind clean" thing, so maybe I'm not the best person to comment! :lol: ;)) To me, if I like what I see, it's good. If there's a spec that causes bother, then I will need to really think about what that part mean to me in the grand scheme of the purchase. If I decide I'd be down with it, then it's a keeper... if not, then no sale. :bigsmile:

Now, if I could just find that holy grail of a stone that has massive presence, is white enough to make me happy, and is an eye-clean I1 --- what a bargain that stone would be... to me. ;-)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mind clean in color for me is the absence of yellow. It doesn't have to be a D color stone but I just don't like yellow in stones. I guess it harks back to the mall stores with stones that were visibly tinted (and poorly cut I'm sure) and salespeople trying to tell you they were terrific. I would always take smaller stones with better color - but that's just my preference. I don't like inclusions that I can see either as I would drive myself crazy trying to find them all the time. I have an SI1 stone but it really is eyeclean - even with my reading glasses!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Overall, I would say that G-H and maybe I is my best comfort range for modern cut stones, and for antique style stones, I am fine with H-I and maybe J. I am open to lower colors in an antique cut for a RHR, though, if it was an appealing color.

Currently, my AVR e-ring stone is I color and my studs are H color.

If I had to have all my diamonds one color, I think I'd choose H. Maybe you can make that into a poll the next time you are bored, DF. ;))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well TBH, my "mind clean" color is H or higher, but if I had a lot money I will go up to an F color. I don't need a D/E stone to make me happy.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For an engagement ring or something where I want a white stone, H is mindclean to me, even though I still looks white. My studs are I but they're in my ears so I can't really see them... lol.

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
Don't have mind clean issue with color and clarity. Now that I have a taste for Ideal cut, I am hesitant towards anything outside the range.

doubledouble

Shiny_Rock
Re: PSers frequently talk about "mind clean" for clarity...

I couldn't bring myself to go down to H for my fiancée's ring even though I know it would have been fine. I'm happier with G SI1 eye clean.

For some reason I have "mind clean issues" for color but NOT for clarity. I think I'd take an inconspicuous visible inclusion over visible warmth.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think around a G to a white H in modern cuts which is ironic since I own a J coloured tranny and a big very white facing L coloured OEC. For me it's more important to be a decent eye catching cut than anything else.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1400371685|3675169 said:
Well TBH, my "mind clean" color is H or higher, but if I had a lot money I will go up to an F color. I don't need a D/E stone to make me happy.

I used to feel/think the same, until I bought myself an E VS1 EC as my 40th birthday treat, and I can see the difference when I put it next to my mum's G/H carre band which I had always considered as being super white and sparky.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: PSers frequently talk about

doubledouble|1400378071|3675245 said:
I couldn't bring myself to go down to H for my fiancée's ring even though I know it would have been fine. I'm happier with G SI1 eye clean.

For some reason I have "mind clean issues" for color but NOT for clarity. I think I'd take an inconspicuous visible inclusion over visible warmth.

A little diamond ' birthmark.' I can be partial to those, they can be very useful to have if you ever need to be able to identify your stone. Years ago, there was a diamond that had an inclusion that was visible that looked just like a little man on a sled. If I remember rightly, it sold as a pendant stone and again, if I remember rightly, I think the tiny sledding chap was mentioned on the grading report as it was so unique.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, it's an F for an ering if an MRB. Now that I have a WF ES G color MRB, as I get used to staring at the two, (and accidentally mix them up) I am starting to be able to separate them visually. In lighting they are both white. It's just that the type of light that comes off looks different. I prefer the F kind of light.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think my 'mind clean' on colour would be an E, but I have only very limited viewings so far!

With my budget I am looking at F SuperIdeals, though, so I am hopeful that the cut will offset the slightly lower colour compared to my (inexperienced) 'mind clean' colour, and I'm sure I (and the other half, when she finally gets it :lol: ) will be more than happy with it, and once it's on the finger there will be no other colour stones next to it to compare to!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OoohShiny|1400424543|3675464 said:
I think my 'mind clean' on colour would be an E, but I have only very limited viewings so far!

With my budget I am looking at F SuperIdeals, though, so I am hopeful that the cut will offset the slightly lower colour compared to my (inexperienced) 'mind clean' colour, and I'm sure I (and the other half, when she finally gets it :lol: ) will be more than happy with it, and once it's on the finger there will be no other colour stones next to it to compare to!
I'll take an F color any day of the week.. :wink2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1400509940|3675975 said:

Yes, me, too!!! F color is fantastic!!! If money were no object, I would love to have F color in a mrb.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1400510971|3675983 said:

Yes, me, too!!! F color is fantastic!!! If money were no object, I would love to have F color in a mrb.
No problem!, Jon is waiting for your call.. :wink2:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1400510971|3675983 said:

Thanks for the input, both :)

I think I have in my head that it's 'just' an F and not a D or E but I guess they are quite colourless really! :???: :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results