shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Vender Picture Quality

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Joe241

Rough_Rock
I''ve been looking at diamonds on WF, GOG, and JA and I seem to be noticing differences in picture quality between the three stores.

The pictures at GOG are really focused and they look the best to me while all the JA pictures are blurry in the middle of the diamond. The WF pictures look good, but not as good as GOG.

Anyone else notice this? Based on the pictures the GOG diamonds look a lot better and I want to put all three on as even a plain as I can to compare them.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2009 11:02:53 PM
Author:Joe241
I''ve been looking at diamonds on WF, GOG, and JA and I seem to be noticing differences in picture quality between the three stores.

The pictures at GOG are really focused and they look the best to me while all the JA pictures are blurry in the middle of the diamond. The WF pictures look good, but not as good as GOG.

Anyone else notice this? Based on the pictures the GOG diamonds look a lot better and I want to put all three on as even a plain as I can to compare them.
GOG puts a lot of effort into their pics. WF does as well. If there is a stone from JA you are sincerely interested in, call them and and ask about it. From what I know they are really good at that, so no worries. Maybe they will take another pic for you... Doesn''t hurt to ask. Best of luck in your search!!!
1.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I would agree with your observations on the picture quality. Personally, I had a hard time getting beyond the pictures with JA. I ruled them out after reviewing their upgrade policy. Good Old Gold has the most information readily available on their site, but I wouldn''t hesitate on an ACA from Whiteflash either.

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
Photography is very influential!

A shrewd diamond customer will try to look past overly flattering pics when selecting a stone.

I will say this.
I LOVE that GOG includes those inclusions pics that are lit with darkfield lighting, which emphasizes the inclusions.

I'd rather have inclusions pointed out and disclosed than de-emphasized via flattering lighting techniques.

It will never happen but I'd love to see standardized lighting and photography from all vendors.

There is one vendor that uses very deceptive lighting to make his stones shimmer and glow in a supernatural way.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am used to working with the pics from all the vendors, JA''s pictures are rather more '' plain'' for want of a better word but they serve the purpose of being able to see inclusions or lack of.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results