shape
carat
color
clarity

Problems returning a stone to B2C Jewels

tjkswift

Rough_Rock
I'm running into some problems returning a diamond that I purchased from them.....they were supposed to send me a pre-paid postage label within 48 hours after the return request....never received it. Tried contacting my sales agent, but that didn't work. Tried chatting with a new agent, but they told me they can't help. I'm starting to wonder what type of company this is....anyone else have experience, good or bad, returning a diamond? BTW, I'm still looking for another diamond, so maybe they are hoping I buy from them again and they don't need to do a full refund, but frankly, this is poor service is putting them at a huge disadvantage for my business.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
There is someone from b2c who posts on PS I sent them a heads up to come and help you out.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello tjkswift.

I saw this post tonight and immediately spoke to Simon in the call center. He affirmed that you indeed made the return label request on Monday. With the day-crew out he’s not sure where the miscue was. As soon as the New York offices open tomorrow the label will be sent to you priority mail. So you know, he also escalated the issue to a manager who will come on-duty tomorrow and may call to be sure you are satisfied. Apologies for the delay, and thanks for your patience.

tjkswift

Rough_Rock
Thank you Diamond Hawk, look forward to hearing from someone tomorrow.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
tjkswift,

Chris, our customer service manager has sent you an email and told me he called this morning. Please feel free to contact him if there are any further issues, or if the return is not handled to your satisfaction.

nukezero

Rough_Rock
This IS POOR business practice. I almost bought from them. I hope this gets resolved, otherwise, please escalate this.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have a dog in this fight, because I have never dealt with that vendor. But I just want to say that people need to remember that most vendors here have more than ONE customer, and more than ONE employee, and sometimes mistakes just happen. There probably isn't a PS vendor who hasn't been dissed on PS at some time by some customer who wasn't happy. The majority of customers have a good experience but they don't come on PS and write all about it. But the ones with the complaints do. It sounds like the OP received the shipping label, and I am sure that the vendor would extend the return period accordingly.

Carry on ... :mrgreen:

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
TC1987|1411130104|3753669 said:
It sounds like the OP received the shipping label, and I am sure that the vendor would extend the return period accordingly

Yes. The concern was escalated within an hour of this topic being posted, at around 9PM. I’ve since confirmed that a label went out when the NY office opened the next morning, and a manager reached out to the OP by phone to apologize.

nukezero|1411104896|3753575 said:
This IS POOR business practice.

As TC1987 alluded, mistakes sometimes happen. It’s any company’s hope to reduce them to a fraction of all interactions. B2C has me keeping my eye on PriceScope for this very reason, and I am glad tjkswift posted here, so we could rectify the issue!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Since it looks like it is resolved I can comment a little.
Every vendor is going to mess up sometimes, the good ones handle it quickly and apologetically.
How well they handle it if it doesn't occur too often is a better sign of the quality of a vendor than most things.
In other words I pay more attention to how problems are resolved than almost any other factor about a vendor.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As a vendor, seeing another vendor make a mistake is always painful, especially if I know and like the person involved.

As Karl has said, seeing how a vendor handles those mistakes says volumes about the rest of that vendors operation.

Well done Diamond_Hawk, it is so refreshing to see a vendor jump up and claim ownership of an error and get it corrected.

Wink

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl_K|1411150463|3753862 said:
In other words I pay more attention to how problems are resolved than almost any other factor about a vendor.

This! Everyone and every company makes mistakes and overlooks things. How they solve it once made aware of the problem is the important thing.

gollu

Rough_Rock
I bought my fiance's stone from B2C. The asking price was fair and had no problems with the service
TC1987 is right - most people happy with service don't comment afterwards.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results