shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Stone advice for a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alpine75

Rough_Rock
I have some questions for you guys. I am very new to all of this. I did some reading but I would like some advice. I plan on buying a Princess 1 ct. for my girlfriend. I have about 4.5k to spend. I saw this stone on good old gold and the other on whiteflash. What do you guys think of these stones?

1. Diamond 1

2. diamond 2

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
1.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I can't see the crown height on the GOG stone but it look nice...
1.gif

The WF stone's crown is a bit low & i'm not crazy about v thin girdles on princess cuts - if you're really interested in that stone, you should ask them where the v thin portion is & pass if it's near the corner(s). Also, v thin to thick is a bit much in girdle variation...

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I think I favor the GOG stone...but it's kinda deep so you're getting a 'small' looking 1 carat...I'd email J and see what else he's got..

alexah

Brilliant_Rock

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
This listed on WF has potential (altho they don't have it in-house)... if you were interested, i'm sure they'd run a sarin
21.gif
oh- and don't forget- you get up to 5% off for mentioning PS & paying in *cash*...

1.04 G VS2

alpine75

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help. That stone does look good. So I think i'm in the ballbpark as far as the diamond that I am looking for.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
You are in the ballpark indeed
1.gif

There's one other that's under your budget that I thought might be worth checking out, if you're so inclined... it's listed by engagement rings direct (the numbers are akin to the one listed on GOG but it's $500 less). G VS2 $4306

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results