shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Cut Earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

newbie22

Rough_Rock
Just found this forum and very much enjoyed educating myself about buying diamonds. I think I am at the point where a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. I am looking for a pair of princess cut diamond earrings for my wife. Ideally total weight would be around 2.5 carats. I am looking to spend between $10-12K. I initial though was to focus on color and cut rather than clarity which is less important in diamonds. I am having a tough time figuring out the cut based on the primary angles. I don''t mind buying over the internet as even if I bought in person, I have a difficult time comparing one diamond from another.

I just started my search with the following:

Shape and Cut: Square Modified Brilliant
Measurements: 5.79 x 5.62 x 4.29
weight 1.24
depth 76.3
table 73%
girdle medium to slightly thick, faceted
clarity IF
color I
Flour None

Shape and Cut: Square Modified Brilliant
Measurements: 5.74 x 5.59 x 4.19
weight 1.21
depth 75
table 72%
girdle very thin to thick
clarity IF
color H
Flour None

They seem to match well together (which I am told is not easy for princess cut stones) but I think I am better off sacrificing some clarity for better cut and/or color. Any thoughts? Thanks for your help.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2005 12:4:58 PM
Author:newbie22

I initial though was to focus on color and cut rather than clarity which is less important in diamonds.
So... what happened ?

newbie22

Rough_Rock
I was told that this was a great deal and it would be difficult to get better color or cut with less clarity at this same price ($10.7K for pair).

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2005 12:22:41 PM
Author: newbie22
I was told that this was a great deal and it would be difficult to get better color or cut with less clarity at this same price ($10.7K for pair).
After 5 min search, a pair of F/SI1 would come at 12k: first diamond and second

I can't say I looked for the best price either. It seems that G/SI1 would come at the same 11k (relative to the quote above).

If this is worth the trouble or not cannot be my decission. It just seem that there is no dearth of choices though. With quite a few E-Si1 of about 1.2cts and $5.5k apiece that combination of grades sounds feasible as well.

Given cut details and what not, it may be practical to let a seller pair up the stones for you (or at least check the match before settling the final order).

Have you seen that pair ?

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
www.whiteflash.com immediately comes to mind for princess stud earrings. Please check out their pre-selected sets, as I think you will be quite pleased. Several people here have recently purchased earrings from these pre-selected pairs and they are truly beautiful. Do a search on Pricescope to find the threads, as I can''t seem to come up with them at the moment...sorry!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm... I don''t think the ready-made earrings run more than 1.5 cts total. These guys are almost twice.

34.gif
WF is already all over this thread
9.gif
Honestly, I just went to their website first because of the handy search engine. Almost every diamond listed on Pricescope can be had via several sellers each providing slightly different servcies and prices. There seem to be quite a few stones to pick from already, and I am pretty sure any of the sellers will be able to look up more if needs be.

newbie22

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your responses. I actually found these through Whiteflash. I have not yet seen these stones and won''t unless I purchase them and have them delivered. My sense is that although these are probably nice stones, I could do better holding out for a better cut (i.e. the table and depth seem on the high side to me).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results