shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Cut Centre Stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

just wanted to get your opinion on the price of the centre stone in my engagement ring.

It is a princess cut stone, 0.59 ctw, D Colour, VVS2 clarity.

My fiancee paid AUD$5300 from a well known diamond jeweller here in Perth, Australia. The price seems absurd for a smaller sized stone!
6.gif

Just wanted to know what you guys think the price of it should be
1.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm...I don''t know if I''m getting the currency exchange right. But I think your FI unfortunately paid DOUBLE what he could have! I''m seeing some D/VVS2s of that size online for under $2000 USD. Using $2000 as a conservative estimate, I put it into a currency conversion calculator and got about $2745 AUD. So if my math is correct, $5300 is highway robbery. Is it returnable?

Case in point: a beautiful 0.64 D/VVS2 for under $2000 USD.

Additionally, a lot of money could be saved in going for a lower color and clarity. D/VVS carry quite a premium.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Really??? That sucks! I guess my FI paid for the brand then (Rosendorff).

The diamond is an australian Argyle diamond, and it does look really sparkly but i can''t believe how much markup has been put on it!

Buying finished diamond jewellery in Perth (maybe AUS) is so expensive. For our first year anniversary, he got me a simple pave ring that has a total carat weight of 0.33 ctw, and he paid AUD$1300 for it.
5.gif

Thanks jstar for your input. I myself probably won''t be buying anything from Aus anytime soon
2.gif

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jogia diamonds'' pricing is quite on par with US online prices and based in Perth. Do a search, I think recently there was another vendor being mentioned in Perth with quite good pricing too.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Sounds a lot like some of the highly marked-up US brands, like Hearts on Fire and Jared Peerless. SC mentioned Jogia diamonds; I''ve also heard recommendations for them here on the forums. Good luck!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! :)

I think the high cost of that one diamond was due to the fact that my FI bought it last year, just before the recession and the Australian economy was booming...

I''ve been looking at loose diamonds on PS and I think i might purchase one soon
1.gif
yeayy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results