shape
carat
color
clarity

price update...today was my first time visit to Tiff & Co.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
all 3 ring set in Plat 6 prong classic style. they only come with a Tiff & Co. certificate and no GIA report.

1.04 ct D IF.......$38,100 .before the SA showed me the ring i said...$35K ? she said...nope, $38,100. i missed by $3,100 :lol:

1.02 ct G VVS2...$17,800

2.07 ct H SI1......$42,200

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: price update...today was my first time visit to Tiff & C

Prices are crazy - tell me what you thought of the diamonds and or rings?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

Wow, $38k for a 1 ct diamond ring. To each his own, but to me that's beyond the pale. :errrr:

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock

WOW!
I did a search here for some of those diamonds....
Check this one out, it's a AGS0 Ideal H SI1 from James Allen....:
2.05 H SI1 62.2% 55% AGS 0 ID ID N 8.11x8.16x5.05 Y 1.4-EX $9063 $18580

I don't know what the cut is of the one they quoted you at Tiffany's but....no matter what it is.....$42k?!?!?! :o

Wait...NO GIA report? WTF?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks said:
Prices are crazy - tell me what you thought of the diamonds and or rings?

their diamonds are nice,but don't think i would pay that kind of premium for a blue box,and as for their settings, Plat is Plat,they all feel the same to me. :lol: the Tiff SA didn't say anything negative about my wife's GOG stone nor her WF 5 stone ring when i was comparing them against their Tiff rings. :bigsmile:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

So how did it compare? Any pics?

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock

Those prices are outrageous. I do like Tiffany's, and I think in my little girl fantasies I thought it would be so cool to get an engagement ring from Tiffany's, but I'm so glad I didn't push that issue. I don't have my ring yet (it is being made right now) but if we were to try and get something like my ring from Tiffany's it looks like it would be upwards of 70,000 dollars. That's crazy.

However, I do think we'll probably get our wedding bands from Tiffany's. I'm Jewish so the actual wedding band can't have any diamonds or stones on it, and it needs to be a solid band of gold. I love these two:

For him: http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.as ... i+-ni+0-t+

For me: http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.as ... i+-ni+0-t+

I don't mind going to Tiffany's for the wedding bands because we can't have any stones on them so they won't be overly expensive. And also, unlike my engagement ring setting which I can change if I want to (although I will never "upgrade" my stones...I may get other rings but I will never trade my original!!! I'm way too sentimental for that), my wedding band is forever and I really want to make sure its something that I love!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock

septsparkle said:
WOW!

I don't know what the cut is of the one they quoted you at Tiffany's but....no matter what it is.....$42k?!?!?! :o

In my experience, Tiffany Gem Labs is much stricter on grading than GIA. Every insurance co. that I know of including Chubb accepts the appraisal from Tiffany Gem Labs. In the two instances I have seen independent appraisals come back on Tiff rings, the master gg graded the stones higher quality than Tiffany. And the Tiffany name is worth more on the open market. DF knows this already so I'm not typing anything he isn't already aware of. The 1 carat diamond was so expensive b/c it's the highest co,or and clarity grade they sell (D. IF). It was actually cheaper than a comparable stone I saw last week at Van Cleef and Arpels. Still crazy expensive, right? :wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CharmyPoo said:
So how did it compare? Any pics?
sorry no pics. IMO...if the stone is well cut it doesn't matter where/whom it was purchased from. ;))

Lula

Ideal_Rock

Isabelle said:
septsparkle said:
WOW!

In my experience, Tiffany Gem Labs is much stricter on grading than GIA. Every insurance co. that I know of including Chubb accepts the appraisal from Tiffany Gem Labs. In the two instances I have seen independent appraisals come back on Tiff rings, the master gg graded the stones higher quality than Tiffany. And the Tiffany name is worth more on the open market. DF knows this already so I'm not typing anything he isn't already aware of. The 1 carat diamond was so expensive b/c it's the highest co,or and clarity grade they sell (D. IF). It was actually cheaper than a comparable stone I saw last week at Van Cleef and Arpels. Still crazy expensive, right? :wavey:

An "N" of two? Out of how many diamonds Tiffany sells in a typical year? Sounds anecdotal rather than statistically significant.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock

Portree said:
Isabelle said:
septsparkle said:
WOW!

An "N" of two? Out of how many diamonds Tiffany sells in a typical year? Sounds anecdotal rather than statistically significant.

Don't take my word for it. Call the jewelry insurance company of your choosing and ask if they accept appraisals from Tiifany Gem Labs to verify a Tiffany diamond's value. I think you will find the answer is "yes" across the board. You can rely on their grading.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

Isabelle said:
Don't take my word for it. Call the jewelry insurance company of your choosing and ask if they accept appraisals from Tiifany Gem Labs to verify a Tiffany diamond's value. I think you will find the answer is "yes" across the board. You can rely on their grading.

I am in Canada and this is not true for me. The insurance company told me to go get an independent appraisal and they won't accept T&CO Gem Labs report as an appraisal.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results