shape
carat
color
clarity

price stats question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rickdeckard

Rough_Rock
Hi,

i''m new here, but i already had the benefit of many help from lot of members, and even if i probably won''t buy a stone in the coming years, reading posts here is kind of fascinating to me, and very educating as well as entertaining !

my question :

what is the logic behind the HUGE value drop between an IF D and an IF E stone?

thx !

rickdeckard

Rough_Rock
stone cold,

i'm reffering to the price stats listed on the "price" sections at the top of this page, it seems to be almost the same for every cut, and the end result shows nothing else than color and clarity.

Neil,
i perfectly understand, it is just that i have difficulties to understand a price drop of 30% between an IF d and an IF e
since there is a 5% drop on a VVS2 d and a VVS2 e

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
The price stats is not really making any sense unless you have the stats about the cut of the stone too and which lab graded it. Diamonds are not a commodity and are priced individually by the vendor. Look at the price report for 1a cuts, the average price for 0.3-0.37c D IF is at 4.3k/c, while 0.38-0.45c D IF is at 4.1k/c. Does that make sense?

rickdeckard

Rough_Rock
stone cold,

indeed does not make sense at all, even less than my original question did....
23.gif

since i saw those stats on ther sites as well, the idea was bugging me so i wanted to get an expert answer here !

thx !
2.gif

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
D/IF sells at a huge premium because it’s seen as the best by a lot of customers. You’ll notice that D/VVS1 also shows a substantial price drop when compared to other single grade changes. That's the way market's work. The scale itself is driving the demand.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results