shape
carat
color
clarity

Price Negotiation

SteveNagacho

Rough_Rock
Do places like Tiffany, Cartier and De Beers offer price negotiation on what they initially quote you? I found a beautiful ring but is right at the max of my budget prior to tax. I do not want to ship it tax free out of state either.

Thanks.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SteveNagacho|1288849157| said:
Do places like Tiffany, Cartier and De Beers offer price negotiation on what they initially quote you? I found a beautiful ring but is right at the max of my budget prior to tax. I do not want to ship it tax free out of state either.

Thanks.

I rather suspect that depends on the value of the item in question - I imagine they'll wiggle a little on an 80k transaction, not so much w/ an 8k ring :halo:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I've had some luck with offering the asking price 'Out the door', In other words, they knock off whatever the percent of the sales tax is.

TakingthePlunge

Rough_Rock
I see no harm in asking. If they say no they say no. If they say yes, you save money. Diamonds are an item that is very much a case of its worth what someone will pay. If its been sitting ahile and they want to move inventory they may just take the deal. Even rich people dont like to pay full price so dont let a fancy name stand in your way.

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
I have no experience with the retailers that you mention above, but I do know that they have the highest margins due to branding. Either they will not discount to protect the perceived value of the brand, or they will discount because they can afford to and keep a healthy margin.

Also, I would ask discreetly. I wouldn't do by banging my fist on the counter and shouting, ya know?!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results