shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll: Which Tiffany-style 6-prong solitaire?

Which Tiffany-style 6-prong solitaire?

• 1. Brian Gavin Diamonds

Votes: 31 68.9%
  • 2. Whiteflash

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • 3. Excel Diamonds

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Which company would you go with to create a Tiffany-style 6 prong solitaire? They all look pretty similar to me, and are priced similarly. Who would you go with? I'm most concerned with how good the ring looks, but also turnaround time and customer service. Since I would be sending them my ering in the mail, also let me know about ease of shipping/insurance/etc.

If you could post pics of your 6-prong Tiffany solitaires from those companies, that would be great.

I was originally considering Leon, but I decided to take him off the table and wait for a Leon setting when I get a more intricate 10th anni upgrade. Thanks!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Did you price out a Leon solitaire? Is it that far off?

I still vote Leon.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo said:
Did you price out a Leon solitaire? Is it that far off?

I still vote Leon.

Hey Charmy,
When I got a quote from Leon about 6 months ago, it was only a few hundred dollars more expensive than the other companies, but I don't know if I want to wait as long as he takes to get a simple TIffany-style six prong knife-edge solitaire. I'm also not sure that it's worth it to pay an extra $300 for a ring that probably won't look that different. If I wanted double claw prongs I would totally go with Leon, but I don't know that his 6-prong head is that much more special ...

I would love to get a Leon someday when I go with a more intricate setting (either sidestones, a halo, or both) but since I can never decide what look I like the best, I would rather wait. DH would rather that we did our "big" reset for our 10th anni anyway, so I'll probably ony be wearing this solitaire for the next 6 years.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote BGD or Excell. Whiteflash is about $100 more and didnt look much different to me than the other two. If I was
getting one I would go with BGD but I know you are concerned about time/service so you would need to call and get that
info.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've only worked with BGD and they are excellent. The customer service is stellar!

I've also priced out some things via Whiteflash and their CS is also great.

If I had to pick, I'd go with BGD. Love Jamie and Lesley and the sparklies are just to die for.

shelley2977

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi you guys, i might be new here and be an idiot so i will need you smart old timers to explain this all to me. I am confused as to how

BGD could be at 69% when there are only 5 posts down below. Did the people who voted up top just not bother to write a note below?

Is it possible that employees ever vote to make it look good for their company? Of course it would be dishonest and one

would hope a company would have integrity and not do such a thing. I don't know enough about BGD to make any accusations and I

never would in an open forum. I stand corrected if anyone wants to explain how this works.

I do know that Brian Gavin used to work with Debi Wexler at WHITEFLASH . At least that is what I have read here, and WHITEFLASH

is a very integrity driven company ( my personal experience ) so i assume when he left he took what he learned and is using those

principles at BGD.

I was torn between a 4 prong,and 6 prong ,platinum Tiffany- style setting on my 2.257 carat round hearts and arrows, ACA stone from

Whiteflash. I ended up with 4 prong , gorgeous H color ,SI1 ,stunning hunk of a rock.

Whiteflash you mothers rock.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Attachments

• BGD six prong Tiff.bmp
    441.1 KB · Views: 3,269

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I didn't vote because I would pay that $300 for the Leon. To me, there is still no comparison because of the flow and amazing lines of a Leon Mege ring even for a simple solitaire. I had a comparison shot of them side by side before but I can't find it anymore.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Vespergirl.. I had my stone reset into a BGD platinum 6 prong tiffany style and it is really lovely. I would a attach a photo, but that's a great side view that gemgirl posted above. I fell in love with the fluid, beautiful design and I couldn't be happier.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always thought that Excel produced a very fine replica of that setting. I've never dealt with them and certainly wouldn't throw the others out of the mix but theirs looks pretty sensational!

Can't wait to see your finished ring Vespergirl - no matter which company you choose!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven't you already posted this topic before? lol :wacko:

I can personally vouch for the WF Tiffany knife egde solitaire...it's really pretty and the prongs are nicely done! But it is a low setting, which you may or may not like. I know some people say the Excel is a dead ringer for the real Tiffany.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I just went to each site and looked at them - they are pretty compareable.

I am not pushing you to Leon but I absolutely love this setting (with or without pave). I know it's not exactly like Tiffany from the side but it is from the top :)

r1014_018Ww.jpg

MissChi

Rough_Rock
I am also interested in resetting my current stone into the BGD classic 6 prong tiffany setting. I purchased their Dream Band (half eternity) in the spring and couldn't be happier. I think you will be extremely pleased with their responsiveness and service if you do choose to work with them. They were excellent in every way!

Also, sorry to threadjack... but, siamese3, just wondering if you had any problems with your BGD classic 6 prong tiffany solitaire and Dream Band rubbing together. The potential scratching issue is my only hesitation in moving forward. I would just hate to spend the money only for the prongs to be damaged. Vesper, I see that you have a shared prong eternity, so I thought you might be interested in this as well. Thanks for your help!

Please keep us updated with your decision!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Miss Chi! I was initiallly concerned about scratching as well, and inquired with BGD as to whether Dreamer D had experienced any scratching with her dream band. She has the half dream band and it was the original. At that time, she let Leslie know she had not, although, I do believe that later she did have some scratching. I do have scratching, however I do like to wear my rings looser rather than tighter. It bothered me a bit at first because I had specifically inquired about the issue of scratching, but I do really love the way my rings match up and my attitude is kind of to just wear and enjoy my rings. I keep them pristinely clean, but the wear and tear isn't as big a deal. If I had it to do over, I might consider the bead set band they have now as the metal is supposed to be wider that the stones. And there are times I think I should have sprung for a memoire eternity BUT, I dunno..I love the way my set looks.... and I love Brian and Leslie!

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
shelley2977 said:
Hi you guys, i might be new here and be an idiot so i will need you smart old timers to explain this all to me. I am confused as to how

BGD could be at 69% when there are only 5 posts down below. Did the people who voted up top just not bother to write a note below?

Is it possible that employees ever vote to make it look good for their company? Of course it would be dishonest and one

would hope a company would have integrity and not do such a thing. I don't know enough about BGD to make any accusations and I

never would in an open forum. I stand corrected if anyone wants to explain how this works.

I do know that Brian Gavin used to work with Debi Wexler at WHITEFLASH . At least that is what I have read here, and WHITEFLASH

is a very integrity driven company ( my personal experience ) so i assume when he left he took what he learned and is using those

principles at BGD.

I was torn between a 4 prong,and 6 prong ,platinum Tiffany- style setting on my 2.257 carat round hearts and arrows, ACA stone from

Whiteflash. I ended up with 4 prong , gorgeous H color ,SI1 ,stunning hunk of a rock.

I think your post is a bit rude towards BGD. Brian didn't just "take what he learned" with him. He left behind the blueprint for HIS propeitary information. And I do't thin he just "worked with" Debi Wexler. I believe he was a founding father at Whiteflash. And although you say you don't know enough about BGD to make any accusations, your implications served their purpose. There are many satisfied customers of BGD and clearly, they voted. THere are many people who vote on the polls but don't write. They feel their vote speaks for itself, which clearly the BGD customers feel.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
shelley2977 said:

principles at BGD.

PS, you might want to call up Brian Gavin personally and thank him for his design of the ACA that you love so much.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Laila619 said:

I can personally vouch for the WF Tiffany knife egde solitaire...it's really pretty and the prongs are nicely done! But it is a low setting, which you may or may not like. I know some people say the Excel is a dead ringer for the real Tiffany.

Laila, you caught me! :tongue: I did post a similar poll last year, but I forgot the results and it's such a PITA to find old threads now that I just decided to run a new poll.

I think that I am between WF and BGD, since it looks like Excel would be more expensive for my size diamond with platinum. Charmy has me really thinking of checking on that Leon quote, but it just feels wrong to have a Leon as a "temp" setting, even if it will be for 6 years. Still, if it's only a little more $, it may be worth it ... I just don't know if I want to wait as long as Leon pieces normally take.

shelley2977

Rough_Rock
Trade
Sizzle said:
shelley2977 said:

principles at BGD.

I think your post is a bit rude towards BGD. Brian didn't just "take what he learned" with him. He left behind the blueprint for HIS propeitary information. And I do't thin he just "worked with" Debi Wexler. I believe he was a founding father at Whiteflash. And although you say you don't know enough about BGD to make any accusations, your implications served their purpose. There are many satisfied customers of BGD and clearly, they voted. THere are many people who vote on the polls but don't write. They feel their vote speaks for itself, which clearly the BGD customers feel.

Hi Sizzle, Thanks for the info on the polls, i don't get that kind of stuff. I did not mean to belittle any accomplishments Brian Gavin has

made in his life. I really don't know him as well as you seem

to know him. I thought maybe they were a team at Whiteflash and learned from each other like business people do.

As far as he being a "founding father" or leaving behind a "blue print" when he left Whiteflash.

Let's be honest here, the guy didn't find a cure for cancer!

All kidding aside, this is why we are lucky to live in our great country. we all have the right to our opionion. I did not get the customer

service i am accustomed to when spending lots of $$$$ so I moved on. I was then referred to Whiteflash.

The day I phoned Whiteflash, the "founding mother" , Debi Wexler , happened to answer the phone. The service I needed was there.

I will say it again, you mothers rock at Whiteflash!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vespergirl said:
Laila619 said:

Laila, you caught me! :tongue: I did post a similar poll last year, but I forgot the results and it's such a PITA to find old threads now that I just decided to run a new poll.

Hee, no worries Vesper! I just thought I remembered seeing it. Whatever you pick will be gorgeous I'm sure! The 6 prong head will really show off your stone. I'd be a little worried about the scratching issue if you wear it with your eternity band though, because like I mentioned, the Tiff setting is pretty low. Maybe you could wear a thin plat spacer.

Here's a pic of WF's Tiff replica:

my Tiffany ring! 2.jpg

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I voted yesterday but didn't leave a comment. I have been dealing with Whiteflash on my own purchase and they have been AWESOME. However, I think the settings are very similar between BGD and WF and since Brian's was $100 cheaper I voted for it.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had this pic of Mary Alaina's ring saved in my ever-expanding rings folder, and love it. Look at those prongs! :love:

WF Tiff ring.jpg

DiamondCat

Shiny_Rock
i voted for the BGD setting. to me it has the nicest, most delicate head out of all the options. the WF head looks a bit 'thick' and not as dainty as the BGD one. i like the shank of the SC one the best though. the BGD shank looks a bit uncomfy to me. i'd probably go for their tiffany half round setting instead :loopy:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results