shape
carat
color
clarity

PLS Review images and details, give opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ckitsch

Rough_Rock
I''m looking at this 2.5 carat, G VS1, EX, EX, EX, GIA Cert with no comments. Scores 1.2 On the HCA. This would be for a solitaire setting.

When focusing on the center point of the images it looks slightly off, but I understand this reflects a slight angle of the camera and not some lack of symmetry. Can anyone throw out a range of pricing or other factors to consider which make this a good deal? Thanks in advance for the replies.

ckitsch7ASET.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone look like it's got some obstruction issues? - when you lean over it and direct light is blocked the stone will turn dark..

ckitsch

Rough_Rock
Reading some (but not all) the posts reference obstruction I see it can be a sore spot of misunderstanding. Can anyone tell me which elements of which images show an obstruction issue? Without seeing this perform in normal lighting to get a feel for performance, I have pasted the following image noting the measurements and would love to read some thoughts on obstruction for this stone.

ckitsch7Stats.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can see darkening of the arrow tips and along the arrows themselves in the ASET, in the IS you can see the shape of paddles on the arrow tips and along the arrow shafts which are also suggestive of obstruction. This could be caused by the pavilion angle actually being shallower than 40.6 due to GIA rounding and or the stone not being tightly cut, for example parts of the pavilion angle could in fact be considerably more shallow than 40.6.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are some obstruction issues. I would probably call this a borderline case for most people. I guess if she's blonde and a bit farsighted, it is fine. You could probably find something else, though.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, obstruction. You can see it where the arrow heads have paddles. It could be ok, but I personally would look for something else more along the lines of a 34.8 crown/40.7 pavilion angle

ckitsch

Rough_Rock
Thank you one and all. I''ll keep looking.

When I end up finding my 2.5 G, VS_ with an ideal cut that the forum approves of, I''ll have to figure out some way to buy everyone who helped a drink.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2010 12:41:08 PM
Author: ckitsch
Thank you one and all. I''ll keep looking.

When I end up finding my 2.5 G, VS_ with an ideal cut that the forum approves of, I''ll have to figure out some way to buy everyone who helped a drink.
You are very kind, just some photos of your finished ring would be a perfect reward for us!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results