shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me 5 stone bands with 3 stone rings!

AP1976

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I have a 3 stone trellis e-ring and am lusting after the 5 stone u-prong from Whiteflash. I've been emailing Bob at WF and he pointed out that any band I choose will rub against my trellis. I really don't want to split them up on different hands, so am debating about a spacer even though it will still rub a little bit. Although I will split them up if I have to. Does anyone have a 5 stone that they wear WITH their 3 stone ring? I'd also like to see 5 stones in 1 or 1.5 ctw, I know most of you have fab 2.0 ctw and over rings, but I think it's out of my budget :( Plus, I don't want to take away from my e-ring and my center stone is 1.2 Thanks in advance!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will just tell you honestly that I think a 1-1.5 ct 5 stone band is a stand-alone ring. You might be able to wear a Memoire band at a carat with your ring, but I think it would look overdone, personally, and take away from your e-ring. I'd only do a very small diamond band with a 3 stone ring personally. I have a 5 stone band that is a little over a carat, and I'd never wear it with my 1.5 ct solitaire because I don't want it to compete with my e-ring, plus, it sits too high to wear with it. You'd absolutely have to wear a plain spacer band.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock

AP1976

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions! That Annette ring from WF is gorgeous! I'm worried though about the feeling of diamonds in between my fingers, I don't want it to be uncomfortable. I also have giant size 8 fingers, so I can't go with something too delicate. Hmmm.....decisions, decisions!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
My SIL wears her 1ct center 3-stone with a 1/4cttw 5-stone band, the sizes look good together. I don't think I'd go much bigger than 1/2cttw on a 5 stone to wear them together (or equivelant sized stones in a 1/2 eternity).

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
AP1976|1345032479|3251715 said:
Thanks for the suggestions! That Annette ring from WF is gorgeous! I'm worried though about the feeling of diamonds in between my fingers, I don't want it to be uncomfortable. I also have giant size 8 fingers, so I can't go with something too delicate. Hmmm.....decisions, decisions!

What about making it into a 7 stone band? Like this, but just so that diamonds cover the top and aren't between your fingers: http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-bands/the-kimberly-diamond-wedding-band-1284.htm Your finger size will actually make it easier to do, I think, than having a smaller finger.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look through FancyDiamond's threads to see how she wears her set w/ a spacer. I personally wear the 3 stone and the 5 stone on 2 separate hands.

AP1976

Shiny_Rock
rubybeth|1345042561|3251789 said:
AP1976|1345032479|3251715 said:

What about making it into a 7 stone band? Like this, but just so that diamonds cover the top and aren't between your fingers: http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-bands/the-kimberly-diamond-wedding-band-1284.htm Your finger size will actually make it easier to do, I think, than having a smaller finger.

Great find! I don't know how I missed that one. The Kimberly ring in a 7 stone might just be perfect!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say get what you love! I have a 2CTW 3 stone ring, and I'll be getting a 5 stone band to wear with it. I think this is a gorgeous and blingy look! No pics yet since I haven't purchased the band, but I will definitely be wearing a spacer to prevent scratching.

Here is mrsv's set, gorgeous right?!:

mrsv.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its not exactly what you are looking for, but I have a 3 stone princess with an 8 stone band, and wear a RG 1mm spacer inbetween. I can't access my photos from here but if you click on my avatar and go to the FINALLY SHE"S HERE - MY BGD RESET thread, you can see pictures of the 3 rings together. I will post a differnt pic later tonight!

AP1976

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi|1345043628|3251801 said:
Its not exactly what you are looking for, but I have a 3 stone princess with an 8 stone band, and wear a RG 1mm spacer inbetween. I can't access my photos from here but if you click on my avatar and go to the FINALLY SHE"S HERE - MY BGD RESET thread, you can see pictures of the 3 rings together. I will post a differnt pic later tonight!

Enerchi - GORGEOUS!!! I love yours together, can you tell me the specs/sizes on both rings? Also, love the spacer in rose gold!

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 3 stone trellis and I'm picking up my 5 stone band later today. I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'll wear them together but I will post pics for you when I get home with it.

AP1976

Shiny_Rock
upgrade|1345045697|3251831 said:
I have a 3 stone trellis and I'm picking up my 5 stone band later today. I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'll wear them together but I will post pics for you when I get home with it.

Awesome, thanks! Can't wait to see them.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
AP1976|1345044046|3251809 said:
Enerchi|1345043628|3251801 said:

Enerchi - GORGEOUS!!! I love yours together, can you tell me the specs/sizes on both rings? Also, love the spacer in rose gold!

Thank you! My ering is .51 E/1.06 F/.52 E princess in 95/5 Plat/ruthenium size 7.75 from BGD. The 1/2 eternity is 8 x .12cts (.96 tcw) in 14k WG size 7.75 from IDJ. The spacer is from DanielM on etsy.

Here are a few pics I took for you....(not that I ever mind taking or posting pics of my diamonds!!) The first shows what the back looks like, the second is top down and the last one is how the spacer practically disappears from some angles. If you get a spacer, thinner is better for invisibility, but thickness overall would depend on how the 2 rings interact together. This is 1mm thick.

Good luck! Excited to hear more details and see your finished ring!

img_0908.jpg

img_0910.jpg

img_0912.jpg

AP1976

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful, Enerchi!! I love that our finger sizes are close so it's easy for me to imagine what your band would look like on me :) Here are some pics of mine. It's a recent reset. Believe or not, one of my dogs ate my original set! Chewed the white gold right up, I searched diligently (ew) and found the diamond! Chasing your dogs around with a mesh strainer is not fun, lol, but all that matters is that I got the diamond! The wedding band was lost, and I didn't actually love it anyway so it's a blessing in disguise that I get to pick a new one :naughty:

My center is a 1.2 with .25 side sapphires, ring size 8. I'll also be upgrading my sapphires as these are way to dark, but I was foolish when I picked the setting and didn't inquire about them. I'm looking to get the gorgeous cornflower blue ones. I seriously wish I knew about PS before I made any jewelry purchase. But at least I know about it now :appl:

I'm completely torn about what to do for a new band, I guess my best bet is to get out there and try some on!

img_5153.jpg

img_5146.jpg

img_1105.jpg

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Technically I suppose it's a 9 stone ring, but the 4 little ones are very tiny.

Stats:

3 stone: .48/.76/.48

5 stone: 5 .20 diamonds with teeny tiny spacer diamonds in between

Size 5.5 finger

img_2579.jpg

AP1976

Shiny_Rock
upgrade|1345068640|3252006 said:

Stats:

Size 5.5 finger

img_2579.jpg

SWOON!!! Your set is stunning!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
AP, I can totally see your new band working beautifully with your ering!!! That is a very timeless choice you made "pre PS"! - beautiful! Very classic - always in style! Have you thought about a 7 stone ring (or 8 ;)) not that I'm biased!!) so you have more finger coverage in the .10 - .15 size and they don't overwhelm your gorgeous ring already... would you consider more stones across but in smaller sizes??

I often wear mine alone - and it certainly has sufficient sparkle power to dazzle me! Not to say that bigger and blingier would never be turned away... I'm just wondering which ring you want to stand out. With smaller diamonds, your ering stands out. With larger, I'd worry if your ering wasn't as 'big' anymore. I'd try on a few sizes to be sure that one isn't overpowered by the other. Have you been to a mall yet and tried on everything in site??? Ah - that's the best kind of homework!! :love:

oh - I drive a Honda too!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1345043291|3251796 said:
I say get what you love! I have a 2CTW 3 stone ring, and I'll be getting a 5 stone band to wear with it. I think this is a gorgeous and blingy look! No pics yet since I haven't purchased the band, but I will definitely be wearing a spacer to prevent scratching.

Here is mrsv's set, gorgeous right?!:

This is a gorgeous look but Mrs.V's center stone alone was over two carats. However, the proportions of this pairing is very nice!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not really a 5 stone, but here's FancyDiamond's super blingy band with her 3 stone ring:

fancydiamond.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Again, not a 5 stone, but this is summertime's e-ring with blingy band. I love this look! Her e-ring is a .90 carat with .20 each pear sides, so you can get an idea of the proportions:

summertime.jpg

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Hi AP1976,
I'm so glad you asked this question! I have a three stone e-ring that I want to wear with a bigger eternity, so a very similar look.
You definitely need a spacer. Those sharp girdles on your five or seven stone will eat your trellis in no time flat. Go try on a bunch of five stones or half eternities with different spacers. I loved all the pics of tiny diamond ones here on pricescope, but found that I could not pull that look off with my shorter fingers. Platinum ones really stood out on me too. Turns out a simple thin rose gold band blended into my skin tone and it pretty much looked like just the two rings (e-ring plus eternity), not a stack of three.

I can't wait to see some more sets ladies! I love the look of two fantastic rings together. :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
upgrade|1345068640|3252006 said:

Stats:

Size 5.5 finger

img_2579.jpg

Are you sure the stones in that band are 20 points? Because I have a one carat 5 stone band and the stones look much larger and I wear the same size ring.

img_2838.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1345080463|3252129 said:
Not really a 5 stone, but here's FancyDiamond's super blingy band with her 3 stone ring:

Her center stone is 2.3 cts. and the stones in that band are .15 each, if it is the WF eternity that I think it is. I think it is gorgeous, but I think proportion is important.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1345091812|3252195 said:
Laila619|1345080463|3252129 said:

Her center stone is 2.3 cts. and the stones in that band are .15 each, if it is the WF eternity that I think it is. I think it is gorgeous, but I think proportion is important.

3 stone rings are unique in that, IMO, they can hold their own with blingy bands. Enerchi and Upgrade have "smaller" diamonds (though I don't think they're small at all, hence the quotation marks), and I think their sets look amazing! :) There's really no right or wrong answer, it's what kind of look you like that matters.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I have a trellis three stone and when I wear it with a 5 pointer shared prong eternity ring, I think it looks a bit out of proportion as my ering is smaller carat weight and it looks too prongy, if that makes sense. I think my ring would have to be much larger, like MrsV's to look good. Just my opinion, of course.

Btw, I also wear a .75mm rose gold spacer b/c even my channel set wedding ring hits my trellis in all the wrong places and has started eroding the prongs.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone else with a three stone e-ring and five stone or eternity w-band?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AP1976

Shiny_Rock
Well, I've made my decision!!! I decided to go with a 7 stone band. I initially wanted a 5 stone, but I love the finger coverage a 7 stone gives me, especially since I have large size 8 man hands :) They are .19 pointers, so a total of 1.33 ct! As much as I wanted to order from WF, my husband was uncomfortable ordering online (despite their glowing reputation!) so we went to our local jeweler who I also love. I'm hoping to have the WF experience sometime in the future though :naughty: Here are 2 pictures, the band in the pic is an eternity, but it essentially looks the same as the 7 stone will. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics! I should have it in 2 weeks :appl:

_637.jpg

photo_copy.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
7 stone is an awesome choice for finger coverage! Perfect choice and proportions :appl:

.19 pointers are a great size. Congratulations! Hope the next two weeks fly by for you

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results