shape
carat
color
clarity

Please I need your help on this. VS1 diamond clarity!

chanel_tr

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
I am new to PS and new to the diamond world. My FI bought me this diamond, and in the process of shipping it to me. I was given the picture of the diamond and I was looking at it for about 15 mins on my phone and I saw this gray inclusion/dot near the center. The picture is 40x magnified. I wonder if I will ever see that in person from looking at the diamond? Please help me on this because this has made me worry quite a bit. Anyhow, what is the fair price range for this diamond? I hope my FI didn't pay too much. Thank you in advance. =)

Here is the GIA certification of the diamond.
http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?pagename=GST%2FDispatcher&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=2186645010

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: I need you guys help on this. VS1 diamond clarity!

Fear not, you won't see it. Enjoy the diamond. :D

KobiD

Shiny_Rock
Re: I need you guys help on this. VS1 diamond clarity!

VS1 should most definitely be eye clean (not visible without magnification). The proportions/geometry of the stone looks great! I'm sure you'll be stoked with it.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's probab gorgeous!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a link to a PS knowledge page re: diamond clarity: https://www.pricescope.com/wiki/diamonds/diamond-clarity - "VS1 and VS2 diamonds have minor inclusions that are seen under 10X magnification, but inclusions typically cannot be seen without the aid of a loupe or microscope."

I did click on and view all 3 of the VS1 diamonds' Preview,Quicktime Movies, and I could only see an inclusion in one of the stones - and of course, the diamonds in these movies are magnified.

So, while there is a very slight possibility you could see that crystal, if it is dark in color and if you are hunting for it and if the diamond is turned and angled just right... it is much more likely you will not see it at all.

Hopefully your FI bought from a vendor with a solid return policy - so inspect it to your heart's content, in all lighting conditions, and decide together if it is the right diamond for you both.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results