shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help with my Leon Mege cushion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dmarielevin

Rough_Rock
I have been really stressed and worried if I made the right decision with my Leon Mege cushion ring. I met with Leon on Friday and decided to go with the style #313 on his website. (I pretty much knew what I wanted when I went in because I really love this style. I wish I could include a picture - but don''t know how) The ring has diamonds on 3 sides of the band - which is somewhat square and has no halo and has a basket with diamonds on the prongs and underneath. It seems to be a pretty popular choice... Anyway, my stone is a 2.4 antique style cushion which measures 8.57-7.64-5.08. He is going to make the band 1.8 mm. My concern is how will this translate with a smaller stone? The stone in the picture is approx 5-6 carats. Do you think it will be too flashy? And what about the milgrain? I like the look of a larger stone and a small band but wonder if I should just have the diamonds on top... No milgrain...? I know this is a matter of personal opinion but I just wanted to get some thoughts. I am driving myself crazy and can not think about this anymore! PLEASE HELP!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
dmarie,

which section of his website is it in? solitaires, micropave.... I tried looking for 313 and couldn''t find it. If you tell me where it is ''ll post it for you.

a

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Found it! I hope... is this the one?

ETA: it's going to be gorgeous!!! 2.4ct is no slouch. I personally would only have 3 sided pave if I didn't want to wear a wedding band. I think the stones will eat you wedding band otherwise.

r506-17W.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you''ll be fine. Leon has an artist''s eye and if he didn''t think it would work or look right, he would have told you. that is a gorgeous ring and yours will be no exception. Your stone is plenty big
2.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello there! I tried to find the ring that you're referring to, but no luck. Is it possibly a 4 digit number and you left one of the numbers out?

Regardless, let me first say that that is NOT a small diamond. Even though it is not a big as the one that you see in the photo, that's still a big cushion and I think it would look great with a 1.8 mm band! That's actually on the smaller size for a band (a lot are 2 mm or more) and a thinner band always makes the stone pop more.

So, I know this is easy for me to say and hard for you to do, but just take a deep breath and try to relax. It sounds like you have a very respectable stone there and the ring should be beautiful!

(Please do confirm that the number is right though because I would like to see the setting that you're going with.)

ETA: Oops! I typed this all out then walked away from my computer without posting it. Obviously you've gotten some help in the mean time!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that is a BEAUTIFUL setting! I agree that I would not stack a ring with a 3-sided setting and I believe Leon also doesn''t suggest it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s going to be stunning!!! No doubt about it!!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi, dmarie! Welcome!

OMG....a 2.4ct antique style cushion in THAT fabulous setting????? It will be GORGEOUS!!! I bet you''ll be thrilled beyond reason when you see it.

I agree with mrssalvo....Leon won''t do anything that isn''t in perfect proportion.

Try to relax and enjoy the anticipation!!! This is so exciting!!
2.gif

You''re going to have two of my favorite things...an antique cushion mounted in a Leon mounting...it just doesn''t get any better...

PLEASE come back and post lots of pictures when you finally have that baby in your possession...

Congrats
widget

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That setting is a knockout.

Leon is an artist and he knows his craft. If the proportions or anything were off...he''d correct that. It''s going to be stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results