shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help. My eyes are going crazy. Images inside.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Love2Travel

Shiny_Rock
1st 3 pics are of .58 ACA I VS1
2nd 3 pics are of .72 ACA J SI1 (eye clean)

Tough decision! The .72 ends up being $325 higher. Which would cut slightly into my budget for WF prong halo.

I am just nervous about the color I guess. Not sure if I am color sensitive or if I just saw bad stones in my experience at local mall stores.

What one would you choose and why?

375x375.aspx

375x375.aspx

316x375.aspx

Now onto the .72 J SI1 ACA.

375x375.aspx

375x375.aspx

315x375.aspx

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t really think that you would see a big color difference from .58 I to .72 J...or, you shouldn''t.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
They both look beautiful. I will tell you that there is a HUGE difference between an ideal cut, AGS certified "J" and the regular poorly cut maul store "J".

Do you have a Jared''s nearby? They carry AGS0 stones and you could get a better idea of what THAT J really looks like.

From all the beautiful J''s I have seen here I wouldn''t hesitate to get that one personally, but I am not extremely color sensitive.

Love2Travel

Shiny_Rock
Don''t have a Jared store near me. I know I can have the J shipped to me as a loose diamond so I can view it. But would like to just purchase the whole diamond/setting at once. Money is tight :)

PinkSummer

Rough_Rock
I just bought two "I" colored diamonds, which I never thought I would do but after reading on PS that they probably look white face up and mounted, I went ahead. I have a D color 1.03 ct E-ring and honestly, I don''t see any yellow on the I color at ALL. I was really pleased and kind of wished that I would have gone to J color so I could have gone higher in carat size. Is your ring to be a solitaire in a white gold setting? If so, I''d go for the J color and higher carat size as long as the cut is still ideal.
1.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I love bigger and would sacrifice color and clarity for size, especially when you are talking about an ACA from WF. They are so gorgeous the sparkle makes up for it. You probably are color sensitive because you''ve seem poorly cut P''s that they were calling J''s at your local B&M. If you are on a tight budget go for bigger. And a simple setting. I think the halo is something that could be an upgrade later.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2008 10:24:30 PM
Author: NeverEndingUpgrade
I would go bigger.
Ditto, I think the size difference gained would be worth it.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thritto, the color difference will be minimal, but the size difference will be noticeable! Both are well cut!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a 0.80ct J AGS ideal cut from WF, looks bright white. You are setting it in a halo so you won't see the sides, which is the only place you *may* see a tiny bit of creamyness in your stone if you hold it up next to something white (who does that??). Face up, it will look like a bright white ball of sunshine! Trust me
2.gif
So get the bigger stone! It won't look any different than an I anyways.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I have a borderline H/I that looks perfectly white to me. In the future when I shop for a pendant to go with it, I''ll be looking for Js and maybe even Ks to maximize the size. In a really great cut, all you are going to see is sparkle!

I will tell you that the ONLY time I ever thought I saw a tint to mine was in a Belk where they had all those cheapie gawdy CZ "wedding sets". I held mine up to it just for fun, and the fake ones looked more icy icy white but NOT in a good way, in a those are so rediculous way! I loved the color of mine, but even against those, it didn''t look anything like "yellow". It just looked real! (And that was before it got recut, so it was an I without a great cut.)

I hope that helps you decide!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results