shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me select a diamond!!!

ocean3737

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I am looking to buy an engagement ring and I have selected three diamonds from JameAllen. I have their Gemologist to look at the diamond and also got the Ideal Scope Image. I really need help choosing one.

1. $7990, 1.06ct, G, VS2, Ex/Ex/Ex
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.06-carat-g-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-280182

2.$7,580, 1.10ct, G, SI2, Ex/Ex/Ex (True Hearts)
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.10-carat-g-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-237872

3.$8,380, 1.12ct, G, VS2, Ex/Ex/Ex
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.12-carat-g-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-375499

Gemologist Opinion:
"diamond sku 280182 is your top contender along with diamond sku 237872, which comes in at a very close second.  Diamond sku 280182 is the most brilliant out of the three diamonds.  It has excellent cut proportions and fire.  The diamond has a lot of life and sparkle.

Diamond sku 375499 is another great diamond, however compared to the other two diamonds it appears a bit darker.  The Gemologist said it is still a very good recommendation and performs only slightly less than the other two diamonds."

This is first time buying a diamond, so I am not sure if this is best choice for what I am paying.

Please help me choosing one, and any comments are welcome.

David.

237872_is.jpg

280182_is.jpg

375499_is.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
There isn't a significant spread difference (dimensions).

The first stone is just over 6.5 and the biggest one is just under 6.7. .2mm is a visual difference, and you are not at .2mm difference.

So, they are the same size. The first one has the nicest clarity than the second one. And is way cheaper than either one. Plus the gemologist says it is very bright.

So for me, it's a no brainer. I'd take the first one.

How are you planning to set it?

ocean3737

Rough_Rock
Gypsy,

Thanks for the input!! Yes.. I am leaning towards the first diamond as well. I am planning on buying the diamond first and then have it appraised stone only. Then ship it back to JA to have mounted on one of there settings.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What kind of setting do you want? What do you have in mind?

JA has okay setting. But there are a LOT nicer settings out there. And the setting is very important.

Phasers

Rough_Rock
I actually got the platinum 6 prong knife edge for my wife when we got engaged. It is very nice, but the worst part was trying to match it to a wedding band when we got married.

ocean3737

Rough_Rock
Phasers,

That's great. I am actually thinking of getting band from Tiff store.

Could you show me pictures of your engagement ring? Maybe from different angle? It's hard to find the picture of actual ring..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results