shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me evaluate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BigVig

Rough_Rock
I''m thinking of purchasing the following diamond. Can anyone tell me what a fair price would be and whether this qualifies as an ideal cut? I love the color (near G), clarity, and overall dimensions (crown height + max girdle + pavil depth = total depth, spot on!), but was concerned that table was so large (61) and symmetry was only "Good"... Can anyone tell me what this is worth and whether I''m better off getting an H&A "A cut above" diamond from Whiteflash instead if I''m spending this kind of money (circa $10K). Thanks!

Mega Scope Report specs:
Shape and cut: Round Brilliant
Weight: 1.35 Carats
Diameter: 7.15mm (7.10 - 7.19)
Crown angle: 34.8''
Crown height: 15.2%
Pavil angle: 40.7''
Pavil depth: 43.1%
Cutlet: 0.4%
Table size: 61%
Total depth: 60% (4.29mm)
Girdle thickness: medium-thick (1.3 - 1.7)
Proportion: excellent
Clarity: VS1
Color: H1
Fluoresence: none

GIA report:
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Couple things, first of all, it gets a 2.1 on the HCA, which is a "worth buying if the price is right." Remember, this is just a helpful tool.

Light Return--Very Good
Fire--Very Good
Scintillation--Very Good
Spread--Excellent

Second, it''s culet, not cutlet
2.gif

Finally, if it were up to me, I would drop down in clarity and go up to an H&A ideal cut stone with symmetry and polish at the minimum being "very good" if not excellent. The larger table would probably bother me, but that''s just me.

Also, did you mean color H?

BigVig

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the response...and thanks for the typo correction!

I did mean H1 - apparently within each color grade (D, E, F, etc) there are 5 sub-grade "types" (1-5), with 1 being closest to the next higher color grade, so an H1 is borderline G5.

Any other opinions out there and estimates on what a fair price would be?

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
I get it, you got the color grade from the Megascope report.
3.gif
I was thinking GIA and was like, wow, where have I been?? LOL

BigVig

Rough_Rock
Any other opinions out there, the price I was quoted for this is $10,500 so trying to figure out if it''s worth it or if the lack of excellent symmetry and large table is an issue.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you seen this stone in person? Have you seen an ideal cut H&A in person to compare it to? Does this stone "speak" to you?

This is just my opinion, but it''s $10k!!!! That''s nothing to sneeze at or throw out the window. You are already asking about the specs on this one - obviously it already raises some concerns with you. That said, why WOULDN''T you go for an ideal or near-ideal cut and know you got the best?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results