shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me choose a diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
Hello guys,
What is an ideal depth to table percentage ratio for pricess? I have the following questions to all of you EXPERTS. I thank you all in advance.

1. Which diamond online retailer is the best? So far I have learned that Bluenile is the best. I also check Mondera, diamond.com, and ice.com. I just heard about whiteflash.com from your postings.

2. How important is polish and symmetry?

3. I have been thinking of getting an H color diamond with very good cut and VS clarity. What do you think of the the following diamonds? Should I rather go for an I color and save a $1000 or so dollars?

$8826 Carat:1.52 Cut:VG Color:H Clarity:VS1 Depth:71.6% Table:69% Symm:VG Polish: Exclnt Girdle:Thk Culet: None Fluor:None 6.23x6.23x4.46 mm L/W ratio:1.00

Price: $8776 Carat:1.50 Cut:VG Color:H Clarity:VS2 Depth:72.2% Table:70% Symm:VG Polish:Exclnt Girdle:Slightly thk to thk Culet: None Fluor:None 6.26x6.12x4.42 mm L/w ratio:1.02

Price: $8033 Carat:1.58 Cut:VG Color:I Clarity:VS2 Depth:73.0% Table:71% Sym:VG Polish:VG Girdle:Med-sli thk Culet:None Flur:None 6.48x6.37x4.65 mm L/w ratio:1.02

Price: $7625 Carat:1.50 Cut:VG Color:I Clarity:VS2 Depth:67.5% Table:73% Sym:VG
Polish:VG Girdle:Thin to thk Culet:None Fluor:None 6.49x6.43x4.34 mm L/W ratio:1.01

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
Experts, could you please comment on my post? I am planning to buy the ring tomorrow morning, which is expected to arrive on saturday. I am going to propose to her on Monday
wavey.gif

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
What does the girl want? Get her that! There is too much compitition on this sight. You should get a good bargin. If you to worried about buying something sight unseen then go to a BM store and buy from them. You may or may not pay more than the internet, but you might feel more secure.

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
My girl does NOT like round for sure. She does not like other fancy shapes either. The only shape she likes is rectangular or square. I thought princess would be more fiestier thatn emerald or radiant. I am not worried about buying online as long as the online retailer is reputable. Since Bluenile is #1, I am more leaning towards buying there. I found that Mondera is expensive.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Kevin,

The specs you've listed for those princess cuts, while it is a good amount of information, is still lacking the crucial information of crown angles/height and pavilion angles/depth. Some of those stones *may* have excellent brilliance or it may be the dullest looking princess cut she's ever seen. It's impossible to assess from this information alone. When considering fancies (ie. princess, radiant, etc.) it's best if you could at the very least get an Idealscope image or a BrillianceScope report (or preferably both). These are tools that help take the guess work out of whether you got a nice brilliant diamond or not. Some of us here are familiar to some degree what proportions within a princess cut will yield a highly brilliant diamond or not so if you can get the Sarin data perhaps some of us can be of further help.

Regards,

reena

Ideal_Rock
from what source did you glean that bluenile is "number 1"?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/18/2004 10:48:28 PM reena wrote:

from what source did you glean that bluenile is 'number 1'?
----------------

I am assuming he means in "sales". They are the 100 ton gorrila.

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
I bought the first diamond for $8826. From the Sarin report below, could you please tell me whether the cut and proportions are good, and whether I got a good deal. Thanks

Sarin_Report1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results