shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help, is this a difficult repair?

bliss_cathy

Shiny_Rock
I was hoping to please get some advice on how easy a repair the following damage is?

The four prongs leading you to the main stone seem to be a bit squished or even a bit bent. It's this an easy relax and one that can be done quite inexpensively or is it more serious?

I would appreciate your help RT. Thanks :)

_25223.jpg

_25224.jpg

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you sure it is not another ring eating into the prongs. The prongs can be replaced but may be better to buy a new setting in this case. This setting is cast so probably more expensive to repair than it is worth, a jeweller should be able to advise you, ask for a quote.

bliss_cathy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Pyramid, I'm going to get a quote today.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bliss_cathy|1418594898|3801134 said:
Thanks Pyramid, I'm going to get a quote today.

From Tiffany?

bliss_cathy

Shiny_Rock
Yes Canuck girl, I posted in the other forum too.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bliss_cathy|1418596661|3801147 said:
Yes Canuck girl, I posted in the other forum too.

HI Bliss:

Did Tiffany give you an idea of how long for an estimate for repair? Will it be within the time frame of return/if necessary?

cheers--Sharon

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Didn't realise it was a Tiffany. They should be able to advise you.

bliss_cathy

Shiny_Rock
I'll go to Tiffany tomorrow now (there's a hostages situation in the city!) I live in Sydney.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bliss_cathy|1418602064|3801175 said:
I'll go to Tiffany tomorrow now (there's a hostages situation in the city!) I live in Sydney.

Good lord! Stay safe!

cheers--Sharon

bliss_cathy

Shiny_Rock
This is really terrible!

There's 40-50 people held at gun point, they are forcing people to hold a jihadist flag up to the window. It's a terrorist situation. :blackeye:

This is really really sad, I really hope that people get out okay.

So so horrible.

There's actually even photos of Tiffany, as it's right near where it's happening. My friend literally called me just as I was on my way out to visit the and told me to stay at home because she had just heard on the news.

Please really hope and send thoughts that all the people get out safely. This is sickening.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are 13 hostages, I was freaking out this morning one of my best friends goes to that cafe nearly every day and works in a building just down from there, but she is O.K, safe in her building. I hope they can resolve it peacefully.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, gosh, Arkie! I am thankful your friend is safe but this is a terrible situation!

bliss_cathy

Shiny_Rock
This is just sickening.

I just got a call from a Drs receptionist that I know (I was supposed to be taking the Dr out for lunch but it had slipped my mind with the hostage situation) anyhow, they know two people in the cafe a Barrister and there's a lady in there that's pregnant.

It's was even more awful, while I was on the phone to her, her son texted, and said that people in the cafe had been told to call their loved ones to say goodbye. I don't know how he found that out.

I was in shock and so was she, but that's all we heard. It hasn't been confirmed on the news.

I can't believe the emotional torture they are doing. It's disgusting and there are teenagers holding the flag up in the window.

Arkie B, glad to hear that your friend is safe.

My husband just came home, they've evacuated a lot of the city office workers too. He works near the opera house and all of that area is being cleared.

They are holding the hostages the cafe opposite the TV channel 7 studio. I just really really hope that nothing awful happens.

Really really want these innocent people to get out safe, this is really shocking and horrible. I hope they've created enough drama already and will just let it fizzle.

bliss_cathy

Shiny_Rock
Pyramid|1418613701|3801271 said:
So glad you didn't go out to Tiffany's bliss_cathy.

Thanks Pyramid, I was lucky my friend called me.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bliss_cathy|1418613926|3801275 said:
Pyramid|1418613701|3801271 said:
So glad you didn't go out to Tiffany's bliss_cathy.

Thanks Pyramid, I was lucky my friend called me.

I am so glad you kept away from that area today, my friend is a lawyer that works in one of the nearby buildings we are both Chocoholics and I know she goes to that shop on a regular basis, so I was literally freaking out this morning texting her and her husband to see if she was O.K. It is so sad for the hostages.

bliss_cathy

Shiny_Rock
Hi ArkieB,

It's very scary, my phone was going all morning.

But 3 hostages escaped (men) and two woman have either escaped or were released.

This is good so far, and the tactical response outside were there to greet them as soon as they ran out.

bliss_cathy

Shiny_Rock
It's really sad and really devastating what happened.

I don't really have words to say about it.

In the interest in closing off this thread
I have dropped the ring off to Tiffany for a quote. They are going to email me the quote in a week and won't do any work before I give the go ahead. So I will have a quote from Tiffany giving the cost.

Best case they can fix it in Australia, worse case, it needs to be sent to New York for a new head and that will be a huge cost, Canuck girl, in that case it will be a return I think.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is incredibly sad for everyone that was involved. I agree that if they can repair the ring for a reasonable price it is worth purchasing if not then you should return it asap.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

None of this is what was expected. :(sad

Let us know what happens.

kind regards--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results