shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Advise On This Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TexasJason

Rough_Rock
Yet another request to you to evaluate a diamond sight unseen that is of utmost importance to me, but here goes anyway:

My Goal:
My goal is to get a round diamond for an engagement ring that is as sparkly as I can get within my budget of $7000. I don't want to get just an average diamond that I have to dip in liquid paper every day to make it appear whiter and save $1000.00. I'd rather pay the same amount for something that has a better sparkle/whiteness to it, than get something duller that looks just as big.

Price: $5600 (diamond only)
GIA Report "Round Brilliant"
Weight: 1.30 carat
Depth: 62.2%
Table: 58%
Girdle: Medium to Thick, Faceted
Culet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Clarity: SI2
Color: G
Flourescence: None

Sarin Report:
diam: 6.91 mm (6.90-6.92) x 4.31
depth: 62.4%
crown: 35.4/14.3 z
pavillion: 40.8/12.8 z
table: 3.92 mm 56.7%
culet: 0.6% very small
girdle: 3.0% (2.2 - 3.8) %

When I did the HCA this morning I was getting 1.5, but now that it matters, doh!, I am getting "2.5 Very Good -Worth buying if the price is right" and "Very Good" in the four categories it rates. The diagram on the GIA seems to show all of the inclusions at the edges in one spot, that I hope could be hidden by a mounting. I'm under no deadline to buy. Any and all, even mean
angryfire.gif
, comments appreciated.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm... keep looking
11.gif

Did you "pass" by BN ? The presentation of their "Ideal Cuts" with GIA (as opposed to AGSL) certs is a tad schetchy, but the store defines their cut grades after some crown and pavilion range of angles anyway. Too bad they don't care to post the respective Sarin info, but you can definitely ask for it! You might like the prices of some GIA certed G/F-SI stones...

Anyway. Here's one: F-SI2, 1.2 cts, AGS0, HCA 0.9 (LINK)

And I would ask for Sarin for THIS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results