shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum vs white gold

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I prefer platinum over white gold. I don't care to deal with the yellowing issues of white gold and I just love the look & durability of platinum.

chris79ta

Rough_Rock
Well, update. I pulled the trigger. I went with princess cut eternity but platinum upgrade. I'm excited and very nervous at the same time. My wife would freak if she new but it's going in safe deposit box for a couple years. When I give it to her paid , she will be delighted I hope. Then I'll ask her for another 25 years

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
I hope she is thrilled with the set ...
and you are a great planner- nice job!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chris79ta|1425261571|3840506 said:
I think tension settings are SO COOL!!!
my wife probably wouldn't because of thick band but I think they're awesome looking
I am not suggesting a tension setting for your wife just the metal.. ;))

chris79ta

Rough_Rock
I know dancingfire, I mean it when I say it though , tension settings are SO COOL!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chris79ta|1425341388|3840910 said:
Well, update. I pulled the trigger. I went with princess cut eternity but platinum upgrade. I'm excited and very nervous at the same time. My wife would freak if she new but it's going in safe deposit box for a couple years. When I give it to her paid , she will be delighted I hope. Then I'll ask her for another 25 years
Ex choice if one can afford the PT setting.. :appl:

chris79ta

Rough_Rock
It's going to be cup a noodles, protein bars for lunch and tea instead of latte's for a LONG time

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am obviously in the minority here. I actually prefer white gold. I don't like the weight of platinum. I wore my original rings for 11 years and only had them re-dipped two or three times. I like the way white gold looks when it starts to wear. Mine never looked yellow. And they only really wore on the palm side of my rings. The tops always looked shiny and new. I've never owned anything platinum. And I certainly wouldn't turn it down! I think it really is just personal preference.

ETA: just saw that you moved forward! That's so exciting. I am sure she will love it!

chris79ta

Rough_Rock
Honestly, the number 1 reason for upgrading to platimum hit me today. My wife has sensitive skin, uses certain soap/perfume. 2 of our kids are the same way. I decided I didn't want to take the remote chance that she would have a reaction to white gold

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results