shape
carat
color
clarity

platinum resizing recommendation in NJ

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovegems

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to make a solid recommendation for anyone looking to resize a platinum ring in Northern/Central NJ. Mike, the jeweler, at Roman Jewelers in Flemington, did a superb job with my resizing (5 3/4 to 4 3/4). He used a laser and there absolutely no marks. He also polished it and made it look brand new! I was very pleased with his work.

brt_mbl

Rough_Rock
Since it was brought up...

I did my homework, and searched the threads, and got lots of information on platinum resizing, but not all were fully answered, so here are my remaining questions:

1) Anyone have a recommendation for a local Jeweler in or around the Portland, Oregon metro area that does this?

2) I need to size UP only 1/2 size, so can they just stretch it? I heard this mentioned on another forum. The ring is just a solid band.

3) If they do the work- the best way is to make sure they use a laser, correct- to prevent leaving bands- or marks. If I happen to find a jeweler that does this in house- can it be done right away (assuming they are not busy or I have an appointment) or is this a long process?

Thanks again

lovegems

Rough_Rock
When I got my ring resized, it took about 45 minutes and it was done while I waited. I had made an appointment first. This was for a down-sizing. I''m not sure if it takes longer to upsize.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results