shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum, palladium, or palladium WG?

lasposa

Rough_Rock
I need advice selecting the metal for a custom e-ring. My original ring was platinum. I like the white color but dislike how it scratches so quickly. I also think that it is a tad heavy. I've been researching alternatives but find conflicting information. Which metal is whitest, holds its shine best, and is most durable? Does palladium white gold look white without plating? Also, does anyone know of any jewelers online who make custom rings in palladium white gold or from palladium? Thanks!

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
lasposa said:
I need advice selecting the metal for a custom engagement ring. My original ring was platinum. I like the white color but dislike how it scratches so quickly. I also think that it is a tad heavy. I've been researching alternatives but find conflicting information. Which metal is whitest, holds its shine best, and is most durable? Does palladium white gold look white without plating? Also, does anyone know of any jewelers online who make custom rings in palladium white gold or from palladium? Thanks!

Scratching, all metals scratch, depends on the exact alloy mixture for the exact strength and hardness. Durability is a combination of strength and hardness, strength for how well it can take a knock and hardness for how well it can prevent scratching, generally good in one is not good in the other.

I believe WF can do Pd, not sure if they have WG/Pd.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results