shape
carat
color
clarity

Plan to Upgrade Earrings

Midnightstar

Rough_Rock
Hi All:

This is my first time to post though been lurking for a year. Here's my story...

I saw a pair of .90ct each RB, H&A, J color, VS1-VS2 and was thinking of upgrading my 1.43CWT set for this new pair. I had the stones put on reserved but I would like to solicit your opinions on both stones especially the second one since the HCA score came to 1.8 and rated only VERY GOOD on all criteria. The first stone scored 1.4 and rated EXCELLENT except for the Spread which was Very Good.
My current pair scored 1.4 and rated Excellent and I am very happy with them. Can someone please enlighten me as I have some tripidation on the second stone?

Here's the link...

Stone 1
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104049771004

Stone 2
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104047963010

This is my first time to link so I don't know if it will work.

Appreciate all your thoughts and comments.

Thanks.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like you bought them! They look gorgeous! Please come back with ear shots! What kind of setting were you thinking of?

Midnightstar

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply. The final purchase has not been transacted and they still have the items. I did not run the HCA tool until yesterday and now I have doubts on the second stone.

Any other thoughts, anyone?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh I think they will be beautiful!! You will definitely see a nice size difference between these and your last pair!! Great size for studs!! Make sure you come back and post pics when you get them!!!! :appl:

Midnightstar

Rough_Rock
Sure will but how much weight does one put on HCA ratings? If I will be paying premium $$$ for an ideal stone should I not then opt nothing less than an Excellent rating?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since they are signature stones, I wouldn't worry about it. My last stone for my ering went from a .7 to a 1.4, I think on the HCA.
It bothered me on paper, and the stone had slightly different characteristics about it, but it is ever bit as beautiful. I would talk
to either Lesley or Brian and see what they think. Lesley will give you her honest opinion and find you another stone if you are not
happy with the second one. The HCA is just a tool for ruling out bad performers. If Brian made that stone a signature stone, then
it is cut to meet his parameters. I don't think there is a dud in the bunch, but it becomes a mind clean thing to you.

See if Lesley will send you a photo of both stones side by side, and if they have your old studs, throw them in the mix too and see
what you think. If you compare an higher ranking stone with that one, it may ease your mind a bit.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it were me, I would buy them. I think they look awesome and I wouldn't worry about it.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Midnightstar|1299339238|2865379 said:
Sure will but how much weight does one put on HCA ratings? If I will be paying premium $$$ for an ideal stone should I not then opt nothing less than an Excellent rating?
The HCA is an elimination tool, and should not be used to select particular diamonds. Any score under 2 is worthy of further consideration, and those diamonds certainly are worthy of further consideration.

They are gorgeous. Since the HCA is under 2 for both, they pass that test, and you look at other factors, like they are signature BGDs. Top of the line in cut, and good enough for me. :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1299347113|2865465 said:
Midnightstar|1299339238|2865379 said:
The HCA is an elimination tool, and should not be used to select particular diamonds. Any score under 2 is worthy of further consideration, and those diamonds certainly are worthy of further consideration.

They are gorgeous. Since the HCA is under 2 for both, they pass that test, and you look at other factors, like they are signature BGDs. Top of the line in cut, and good enough for me. :appl:

this exactly. BGD signatures don't even need the HCA, they have great IS/ASET images and would make LOVELY earrings. Also, both of them passed the HCA so nothing to worry about!

Midnightstar

Rough_Rock
Good suggestion on having a photo of both stones side by side so I can see the comparison. I can't have them compare with my current ones as I still have them in my possession. My current set is indeed gorgeous and light up like fireworks. I just want the new set to perform the same.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Midnightstar, you might want to consider overnighting your stones to BGD if you don't feel it would be enough to just see both
the new ones. It would really put your mind at ease. Since you other stones are smaller, you should be able to get postal insurance
(if you have receipts of purchase.) I would overnight them.

Hopefully, the side by side pictures would be enough. I am just trying to come up with a way to ease your mind. I am sure the stone
is stunning. Brian wouldn't send out a lesser performing stone with his name on it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As others have said, you don't use the HCA with AGS0 stones. They have ideal light performance...you really don't have anything to worry about regarding the way they perform!

However, I would want to see a picture of them side by side to make sure you can't see the size difference, and you also need to decide if the table size difference would bother you...one is 54 and the other is 57. This would bother me, to be honest, as I like the stones table sizes to be closer to the same. They are separated from one another when you are wearing them so no one would ever notice, but you should see a picture to be sure it is acceptable to you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results