shape
carat
color
clarity

Pit-- and I don''t mean Brad!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elmo65

Rough_Rock
I have the tiniest little pit plotted on the pavillion side of my diamond. I didn''t even see it until after I purchased the stone and happened to be looking at the AGS cert under a strong light. It seems like it should not affect the integrity of the stone, EXCEPT the it is in the middle of a Y-shaped feather. (Picture a little green dot in the middle of that space at the top pf the Y). It is under the girdle, but close to it. I have the stone in a 6-prong cathedral setting and it is fully insured. Is this something I should take to an appraiser to examine? Might it need a bezel setting?

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
I would definitely take the ring to an independent appraiser, regardless of this little problem. They will be in the best position to tell you the facts as they see it.

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
A pit is a blemish-- basically a white dot on the surface where the diamond took a knock. It''s nothing to be concerned about and not something that''s normally plotted unless there''s little else to help identify the stone. You may want to have the feather evaluated if it''s close to the girdle though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results