shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink halo setting on a twisted pave band? Please help!

surfingartist

Rough_Rock
First time trying to upload pics, hope this works!

I'd love to get your opinion on the setting for my round brilliant (have yet to secure one!). I'd love to combine the twisted halo with the pink diamond halo by having rose gold around the pink diamond halo and keep the rest the same. Do you think it would work or will look weird?

Thanks for any input!

https://www.pricescope.com/files/images/twisted.jpg
https://www.pricescope.com/files/images/pink idea.jpg
https://www.pricescope.com/files/images/pink idea 2.jpg

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
It will look cool but you aren't going to see a lot of the "twist" on the hand unless you go with a tighter twist...though it helps if you have a larger ring size.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I really like the twist band, I am not sure about a pink halo with rose gold though.

surfingartist

Rough_Rock
Wow!!

I really love it!

This is so different from what I imagined, in a better way! Do you know the style number of yours? I wonder if it would work with a round brilliant.

Thanks for the info!!!

lovemybling|1298735866|2859928 said:
I think it would look AWESOME. ThoughI may be bias. (see avatar)

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/weight-loss-reset.150733/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/weight-loss-reset.150733/[/URL]

Link to see ring better.

:bigsmile:

** editied to add link

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
If you scroll down futher in the thread you will see a photo from the designer and it is shown with a round.

The designer is Mark Silverstein Item #2084-WPD

http://www.msimagines.com/

Good luck :bigsmile:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

surfingartist

Rough_Rock
Love it!!!!

Thanks so much! I will definitely get in touch with him. Should I tell him you sent me? Always nice for a friend to hear that I think :)

athenaworth|1298745525|2859997 said:

Luminous-MB

Rough_Rock
Trade
I think this combination would look really beautiful. It's not for everyone and it definitely must suit your personality or else one would eventually grow tired of it with the passing of the years. I'm a sucker for rose gold and I think it's a unique twist to the popular "halo" that's in effect nowadays. Good Luck!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
surfingartist|1298746416|2860008 said:
Love it!!!!

Thanks so much! I will definitely get in touch with him. Should I tell him you sent me? Always nice for a friend to hear that I think :)

athenaworth|1298745525|2859997 said:
Sure! Tell him Jocelyn sent ya. :)

stci

Ideal_Rock
OMG Athena! This twist ring is to die for! Wahooooo! :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
surfingartist|1298850783|2860768 said:
acebruin- is pink gold the same as rose gold??!

Thanks!

yes - gold alloyed w/ copper, also sometimes "red" or "russian" gold

the exact colour of the metal will depend on the exact alloy, and alloy composition - 14k will not look exactly the same in tint as 18k, and 14k from one vendor may not match 14k from another vendor.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
surfingartist|1298852125|2860776 said:
You are not bombarding me at all! I just couldn't see any prices...I hope it's not over my budget :( He's in LA though right?

athenaworth|1298851866|2860772 said:
I wish I could edit posts so I didn't keep bombard g you, but I found some more of Doron's stuff online. http://www.anatrajewel.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?????
Yeah, he is LA based. I wish I knew his prices so I could just let you know, but I do know he's good about working with you if he knows your budget.

ETA: I'm thinking of having him set my RB, which is why I keep finding links to his stuff. Here's another: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Doron+isaak

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
personally I favor the pink halo OR the helix - both seems like too much distraction from the main diamond, but that's just ME - do what makes YOUR heart sing! :read:

surfingartist

Rough_Rock
Totally agree!

So I thought I'd do this instead:

keep the ring all white
twisted.jpg

then do a twisted wedding band with one white diamond string and one pink diamond string in rose gold similar to this:
file-6.jpg

Then add two micro pave bands on both sides with rose gold and white diamonds! See below:

-1.jpg

My fiancee and I thought it's nice to have the wedding band be two-tone (to represent the fact that we are unified eventhough we are from two different countries/cultures). This way I can mix and match and not be bored...but still keep the e-ring classic.

What do you guys think??

motownmama|1298854214|2860802 said:
personally I favor the pink halo OR the helix - both seems like too much distraction from the main diamond, but that's just ME - do what makes YOUR heart sing! :read:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you saying a twisted e-ring, a twisted wedding band, AND two straight bands? if so, I really, really think that is too much to wear together. But I am thinking maybe you meant to mix and match and not wear at the same time? I think you are wise to sticking with all white metal on the e-ring.

surfingartist

Rough_Rock
Sorry I wasn't clear! I actually would wear my e-ring on its own or mix with the other twisted OR with the other two straight bands (one set or the other). Most of the time though, I'd probably wear the 3 bands together like this on my right hand:

-1.jpg

What do you think?

diamondseeker2006|1298857359|2860844 said:
Are you saying a twisted e-ring, a twisted wedding band, AND two straight bands? if so, I really, really think that is too much to wear together. But I am thinking maybe you meant to mix and match and not wear at the same time? I think you are wise to sticking with all white metal on the e-ring.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I would keep the twist band all white/white and the bands pink/yellow gold.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, thank goodness! =) I think all the rings are so pretty, but I am just not sure you'll be glad you have the virtually the same thing on both hands. I think I'd get the e-ring with a plain shank, and then get the twist wedding band and the two straight bands. That way, you can wear the e-ring with either the two straight bands or wear the twist wedding band with the two straight bands. I think I'd only get one twist band. I'd get either the two straight bands or the twist wedding band in pink (leaning toward the twist band being pink so the ering when worn with the straight bands would all be white). I am betting these rings are going to be very :$$): .

surfingartist

Rough_Rock
I know there's so many combo that I can go with this! I will definitely think about doign just one twisted band. It makes sense for sure, just have to talk it over with my fiancee, as he's pretty vocal about it which is great :) We will brainstorm. I just know that I want pink diamonds in there somewhere!!!!!

If anyone has more pics to share, that'd be great!

Thanks!!

diamondseeker2006|1298858862|2860856 said:
Okay, thank goodness! =) I think all the rings are so pretty, but I am just not sure you'll be glad you have the virtually the same thing on both hands. I think I'd get the e-ring with a plain shank, and then get the twist wedding band and the two straight bands. That way, you can wear the e-ring with either the two straight bands or wear the twist wedding band with the two straight bands. I think I'd only get one twist band. I'd get either the two straight bands or the twist wedding band in pink (leaning toward the twist band being pink so the engagement ring when worn with the straight bands would all be white). I am betting these rings are going to be very :$$): .

surfingartist

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I am getting my diamond from GOG tomorrow..and am so excited! However, the setting search hasn't been easy..and i was hoping someone can help. I have been getting such high quotes for the twisted wedding bands....from 3000 for regular white gold/diamond to 5000+ for pink gold/pink diamond combo (half/half with the white). Is this just the way it is or is there someone who might be able to do quality work for less? If you have suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can only compare to quotes ive gotten, but with pink diamonds Ive gotten similar prices. I imagine a lot of workmanship goes into it. Take it from a gal who has spent waaaaay to much money on so so settings and am now spending even more to get what I really love - sometimes it's worth it if it is really what you love.

thelostchin

Rough_Rock
Hi, does anyone know where I can get that twist band in the picture above where it is stacked? I LOVE that twist band look but cant seem to find a good one. I also love the very first setting with the twist e-ring setting but want that style for the band. Any one know where I can get that? Or who makes either of those twists on this post?

Thank you so much!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results