shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of rose cut diamond rings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I saw a picture of a rose cut diamond ring in a magazine, but have never seen one before or since. Does anyone have pictures?

Thanks!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, these are usually antiques.
One www shop (link) makes a point of exceptional rose cut diamonds in original settings, like this:

R0238b.JPG

I do not know if they have a more 'serious' website than the Ebay venue.

That one has the main stone set over metal (="closed back") - this makes the stone into a diamond mirror, literally. Not sure when exactly the fashion gave up on this practice, but the relatively rare modern types tend to set larger rose cut diamonds open-back (= with no metal underneath). This leaves the rose cuts looking just like eery transparent slivers of glass, unless unusually thick double rose ones are used.

Open back rose cut rings do not get way better than this below... IMO. This is an old piece (just try to get platinum filigre this precisely workes today!). There are more modern rose rings where this one comes from (link).

1.jpg

Hope the 0.2 worth helps for starters
1.gif
If anyone has been hunting rose cut diamons lately, I'd be happy to know how it went too ...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You may wnat to stop these posts of mine at some point
2.gif
these are very much my favorite diamond species.

These are new rose cuts - you can find them by the handful mixed shapes like this:

03045-0338.P00.JPG

(source)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These ones turned up at auction this year... The bracelet shows scale quite well - rose cuts are about twice as large as brilliance for the weight.

rosesD.JPG

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!

The one I saw was so beautiful -- it was in the new InStyle Weddings magazine.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/30/2004 11:38:50 AM
Author: ammayernyc
The one I saw was so beautiful -- it was in the new InStyle Weddings magazine.
Didn''t know these are getting trendy
2.gif
Any chance to post the picture ?

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
http://www.solomonbrothers.com/Search/JewelrySearchDetails.asp?sSKU=92209&iPos=4&sSQL=adGetJewelry+%27RG%27%2C%27%25%27%2C%27%25%27%2C%27%25%27%2C%27709%27%2C%2D1%2C%2D1%2CNull%2CNull%2C%27ASC%27

These are getting trendy indeed!

Here''s one from Gregg Ruth, not an antique. I''ve seen new rose cut rings pretty frequently lately at trendy jewelry stores. They''re neat, but they look TOTALLY different from brilliant cut diamonds. To me, they look like those crystal prisms that you hang in the window.

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a pic of that Gregg Ruth ring (I decided not to be lazy after all! ; )

rosecutring.JPG

currada

Rough_Rock
Here is a picture of my antique rose cut. Sorry to double post but wanted to respond to your request for pictures. I listed several other pictures under show me the ring.

Darlene

rose2.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/1/2005 1:142 AM
Author: currada
Here is a picture of my antique rose cut. Sorry to double post but wanted to respond to your request for pictures.
Most welcome ! yours is a wonderful piece !

I wouldn't know to pin point why I like these rose cuts so much. I guess the shape shows diamonds for the mineral they are rather than high teck material.
2.gif

No idea these are sooooo threndy: the Ruth ring is a total shock
9.gif

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a 2.21 Faint Green Rose Cut we had last year belonging to a client. It''s depth must have been in the 35% range- the angles were so shallow that you could practially see right thru it. The lines you see were grain lines- I think the stone was an I1.
221f.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results