shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of my new "anniversary" ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MelanieC

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

Here are pictures of my new ring. I found that my camera had a hard time focusing on the diamond. Its a 4.0 pixel camera and takes super sharp pictures, but it wasn't focusing on the diamond. It seems like the more sunlight in the picture the worse the picture.

A funny story- When I was taking pictures of my ring out on my deck, I dropped the ring through the deck. My heart sank and I thought how am I going to tell my DH that my new $7500 ring and setting is underneath the deck. It was in a spot that wasn't accesible from the side of the deck. Luckily I got it out by using a wire hanger from some recently brought home dry cleaning. Thank goodness for wire hangers!!

AGS 11/19/03
Round Brilliant
6.55-6.59x4.08mm
Cut Grade AGS Ideal 0
Polish Ideal
Symmetry Ideal
Proportions Ideal
Color H
Clarity VS2
1.085 Cts
Table 56%
Depth 62.2%
Crown % 15.1
Crown angle 34.8
Pavillion % 43.1
Pavillion Angle 41.
culet pointed
girdle facet 1.7% to 2.7%

Isee2 9.4
AGA Score 1A
AGS 000
HCA using angles 2.1
HCA using % 1.1

diamond 14.jpg

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Looks lovely, Melanie... though I'm gonna guess the pavilion angle isn't really 62.2!
wink2.gif
Hope you get more pictures, I'd love to see it from the top. Does your camera have a "macro" setting? (usually denoted with a tulip-like-flower). That can make all the difference.

MelanieC

Shiny_Rock
This one shows the light reflecting white off the ring.

diamond 15.jpg

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Melanie!!

What a beautiful ring!
appl.gif

The stone is gorgeous. Bet the H color is not an issue now, huh? It looks mighty white to me.

Congrats!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 6/24/2004 8:46:14 PM MelanieC wrote:

Here is another one.----------------

Melanie

wow !! beautiful ring ,love those wide band setting how many mm wide is that ?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
NO WIRE HANGERS

Sorry that's the first thing that came to mind before I saw your beautiful ring. It's just lovely
Thanks for the happy ending=boy that was a close one.

MelanieC

Shiny_Rock
I wear a size 4 ring. The setting is a 4mm band. The wedding band I ordered is a matching 4mm band (unfortunately its going to take 6 weeks to come in). Both have a slight bevel on the very edge. It's a cathedral setting in white gold. I spent mostly all my budget on the diamond, so I didn't have much left to spend.

DH is really impressed with how it looks. He wanted to originally have it set with 2 rounds on each side and baggetts on each side of that. I actually love that the setting is simple and elegant. It really showcases the diamond.

And yes........the H color doesn't bother me at all. Would I have loved an F or even a G as I orginally had wanted, YES!! But I think it looks very white and only occassionaly do I even think I see color and I really only think its due to the colors of things around me that are reflecting. 95% of the time and especially face up its a brilliant white!!

Oh and the pavillion angle was definately not 62.2. That's the depth%! The pavillion angle is 41.0

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful diamond and ring, Mel!!
love.gif
In one shot, you can see arrows!!
4.gif
Ya done good, girl!!
appl.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
I saw the arrows too PQ! It is spectacular and looks nice and BIG on your hand!

Good Job!
9.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I also had to do double-take and go back to check the carat info. From the picture alone I would have guessed it was a 3 carat baby!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! I love it!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Lynn

MelanieC

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! Which of those pictures can you all see arrows in. I definately see arrows in my ring when I look at it in certain lighting conditions, but I didn't see any in the pictures I posted. You guys are good! I love when I see the arrows in my ring.

Thanks everyone,
Melanie

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!

I see the arrows in the second picture...where you say, "This one shows the light reflecting white off the ring."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results