shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of my 5.13CT Lemony pear, finally free!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone!

Michael sent me pictures of my Lemony finally freed from her cup! She is beautfiul!!!! I love love love the way she looks "au Naturel"!
I think with the white side trillions, she will be just gorgeous. I am so excited to see her this way!

What do you all think?! I think the cup actually robbed her from her true colors!

The 2 first pictures are taken outside, in a somewhat shaded area on a black rock :)

Lemony Loose1.jpg

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
another one :)
so yummy!!! She is NOT that yellow I think!

Lemony Loose2.jpg

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
These next 2 are taken inside, under fluorescent light.
She has a strong blue fluorescense, she is more tinted inside... I love it!!!!

Lemony Loose3.jpg

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Last one...

My heart is melting!!!! I want my ring done now :) This pic on black showing her color, it''s just so decadent!

18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

Lemony Loose4.jpg

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
One think that also jumped at me, is the lack of bowtie!
I can''t believe this pear is mine! I am so lucky and excited!!!!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2010 10:42:10 PM
Author: Amethyste
One think that also jumped at me, is the lack of bowtie!

I can''t believe this pear is mine! I am so lucky and excited!!!!

You are so very lucky! She is just gorgeous out of the cup! I love how outdoors the fluoro kicks in and she''s a softer color, and indoors she''s her warm, buttery self. And what an excellent cut -- no bowtie. Just wow. I am so happy for you!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY!
Stunning!!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Wow .. really cool. She looks very different out of the cup. I wonder if she will look the same in the the new setting. I can''t wait to see your project finished.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I adore your pear, really it is so lovely.
gorgeous!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2010 10:38:55 PM
Author: Amethyste

These next 2 are taken inside, under fluorescent light.
She has a strong blue fluorescense, she is more tinted inside... I love it!!!!
Ohhhh
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

So hard to pick a favourite, but If I HAD to THIS would be it
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

The colour, the sparkle!!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2010 11:02:47 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
Wow .. really cool. She looks very different out of the cup. I wonder if she will look the same in the the new setting. I can''t wait to see your project finished.

Charmy - I am wondering how she will look into her new setting too... Man, this is going to be the longest week ever!!!! :)

Thank you everyone for your sweet comments - :)

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow. I love the natural color so much! Fancy yellows and whites are lovely, but warm-buttery off white is my absolute favorite color for diamonds, honestly. And she surely is that! I think up against white trillions Lemony is going to be a knockout- well, even more of one. What a gorgeous pear cut- the lack of bow-tie in such a big stone is amazing. I loved de-haloing my stone (same situation- it came with a halo setting that I never really loved) and bet you''re going to fall in love all over again once you''ve got her in the setting you''ve been wanting. I''m really excited for you
9.gif
How neat that you got to see Lemony loose before the reset.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
she is so much prettier outside of that setting (and I thought she was pretty in it) GORGEOUS!!!!!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
MMMMM, gotta love that beautiful delicate creamy yellow colour- divine! I'm very much looking forward to seeing her in her new setting, as long as you are happy with her changing colour a lot more now in different lighting I'm sure you will be thrilled with the new ring. Your project is making me crave a yellow basket for my light coloured pear.

Don't rob yourself by saying that you're lucky- you worked and saved damn hard for this so it's not luck, you DESERVE it!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is a beauty Amethyste! So very very pretty! I have been looking forward to seeing her, she is a treat! I can''t wait to see your finished piece, it is going to be stunning!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This diamond is absolutely amazing and its color is one of its strongest qualities!!! I really loved how lemony looked before, but i honestly prefer the way she looks now that she''s...free!!! You''ve got the prettiest pear ever Amethyste!!!
36.gif
I can''t wait to see the project completed and that pear on its new setting! I''m so excited for you
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She''s beautiful!

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, she''s very pretty! I am looking forward to seeing the final product!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lemony is gorgeous! I love her true color.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is such a beautiful shape and color! Whats the ETA of the ring? Must be getting close!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock

Hi everyone!

Oh thank you so so much for all of your wonderful comments!!! I am loving the buttery color as well, it is so different than what she displayed when she was in her cup. I am loving her without any enhancements, she is just so sweet lol.

I wanted to make these observations:

I was looking at the GIA report, and you know, she is only a "good" cut. No "Excellent" anywhere, not stellar in any way on paper. If I had not seen any images of her prior to her purchase, I would have passed on this treasure most likely. That alone just tells you how important it is to look WITH YOUR EYES at a fancy cut stone. Papers, numbers, formulas, it just doesn''t always add up to a gorgeous one. Eventhough she only has a "Good" cut, she doesn''t show any bowtie at all. The stars must have been aligned just right in the sky when she was created and cut to what she is today...

Really, I am speechless.. .. ..

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lemony is absolutely stunning! I can''t wait to see her in her new home!
30.gif

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
Awww....Lemony is NAKED! I feel like I need to wrap her in a bath towel.
2.gif

No, seriously...that is one gorgeous diamond, and it''s so fun to be able to see her unfettered. Super cool. Thanks for sharing!
36.gif

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Just BEAUTIFUL as I knew she would be......I know you are super excited to see her in her new home.....can''t wait for more pics...and hand shots!!! wooo hooo

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is amazing how different she looks without the cup and the halo! I will be eager to hear what you think of her color in person, especially contrasting with the white tillions, because pictures can only tell you so much. I think it will be a spectacular combination. The lack of bow tie is really special.

Regarding the cut comments, Amen to that! As an aside, though, the "good" you see on paper must apply to the symmetry or polish because there is no GIA cut grade for fancy shapes...

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 11:30:54 AM
Author: dreamer_d
It is amazing how different she looks without the cup and the halo! I will be eager to hear what you think of her color in person, especially contrasting with the white tillions, because pictures can only tell you so much. I think it will be a spectacular combination. The lack of bow tie is really special.

Regarding the cut comments, Amen to that! As an aside, though, the ''good'' you see on paper must apply to the symmetry or polish because there is no GIA cut grade for fancy shapes...

YES! That is totally true! But I though that the Symmetry was also an indication of the cut, if the symmetry is graded low, I would imagine that the cut is somewhat touched as well... ?
am I wrong? Please educate me :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results