shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of my Asscher - Tension-set and Blue diamond melee

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

If you want the genesis and progression of this project see other post \"...sitting on my Asscher for nearly 3 years\"

Bob sent me more pics but I don't know how to post more than one at a time, is it possible?

Here is my fave:

ANGLED TOP2.JPG

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfection.
How clean and classy!
I really love it.

Wow!

Did Bruce make it slightly wider than the stone for protection, or the same width?

Side view please.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
asquareguy, VERY nice!

I like how the band width is similar to the diamond width. I also like the fact that there is no cathedral. It is very masculine and tasteful. The setting really draws your eye to the pattern in the asscher. Gorgeous!

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 8:14:46 PM
Author: kenny
Perfection.
How clean and classy!
I really love it.

Wow!

Did Bruce make it slightly wider than the stone for protection, or the same width?

Side view please.
Kenny,

Thank you, I do too (from the pics, at least).
I think it is slightly wider.

Is THIS the pic you are requesting?

TENSION2.JPG

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
WOw!!!! That is amazing! Very masculine and really shows off that stone. I love that 2 edges are completely free of any metal and I love that side view.

What a great choice. Wear it for many many happy years!

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 8:15:55 PM
Author: starryeyed
asquareguy, VERY nice!

I like how the band width is similar to the diamond width. I also like the fact that there is no cathedral. It is very masculine and tasteful. The setting really draws your eye to the pattern in the asscher. Gorgeous!
Starryeyed,

The no-cathedral thing was very important to me for the reason you mention.
I love that it's not my Father's Oldsmobile.
What's not to love on a step-cut?
I'll add another pic...it shows the contrast between the polished and the satin in this one...

ANGLED SIDE2.JPG

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Wow, asquareguy, so the top of the shank is satin and the sides are polished? That was hard to tell in the first photo, but I love it even MORE now! So clean and elegant! Well done. I bet you can''t wait!

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Another...

FORWARD2.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I didn''t think I would ever "swoon" over a guys ring, but I just did. LOVE it!
36.gif

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 9:02:51 PM
Author: Ellen
Wow, I didn''t think I would ever ''swoon'' over a guys ring, but I just did. LOVE it!
36.gif
Ellen,

Thanks, swoon is better than faint, which is what I almost did when I got the WF quote for the band with the blues!
Ladies, let''s just say that you are might lucky that you don''t have size 10 fingers to raise your all-platinum ring quotes ! Yikes !

Since we are buying a house this month and we won''t be getting married any time soon, let''s just say that the second ring will be a while on the shelf...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kicken 2 thumbs up.
hmmmm that gives me ideas

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 9:12:51 PM
Author: asquareguy
Ellen,

Thanks, swoon is better than faint, which is what I almost did when I got the WF quote for the band with the blues!
Ladies, let''s just say that you are might lucky that you don''t have size 10 fingers to raise your all-platinum ring quotes ! Yikes !

Since we are buying a house this month and we won''t be getting married any time soon, let''s just say that the second ring will be a while on the shelf...
Oh, what''s that saying?

Good things come to those who wait.
2.gif

And really, congrats on that ring, it''s a looker.

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 9:14:39 PM
Author: strmrdr
kicken 2 thumbs up.
Storm,

I''ve probably had those ideas and many more that I''ve run through over the last 3 years, let me know if you want any more...selling them cheap...to pay for the next ring...
17.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
kicken 2 thumbs up.

uh oh!
31.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
kicken 2 thumbs up.

I wonder if wifey2b has seen this yet....

Storm, you should totally get a ring like this! You sound better, by the way!

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 9:26:57 PM

kicken 2 thumbs up.

I wonder if wifey2b has seen this yet....

Storm, you should totally get a ring like this! You sound better, by the way!
Well Storm,

If you take Starryeyed''s advice, I should let you know that Bob at WF said that this stone today is about $7700, about 60% more than what I paid...
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 9:37:50 PM
Well Storm,

If you take Starryeyed''s advice, I should let you know that Bob at WF said that this stone today is about $7700, about 60% more than what I paid...
36.gif
Good lord, I can''t imagine what my 5 ct. will cost in, oh, 10-15 years.
39.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Ellen, I saw this 5-carat on Blue Nile for $76.6K: 5.01 H VS2. I saw another 5.03 carat F VS2 for $114.5K.

So at 5% inflation per year, in 10 years, the BN diamond will cost $124.8K. At 7% inflation, $150.7K. You had better buy that 5-carat right away!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Very nice. I love the satin finish with the asscher. Aren''t you glad you are not sitting on it anymore!! It''ll look much nicer on your finger...hand shots next??

N8-Star

Rough_Rock
I had been following your other topic when initally going through with the ring decision process... I myself am about to have a ring made by Bruce Boone... I had never considered a two-tone ring... It looks fantastic!!! Congrats!!

Did you end up using the 8-1-1 titanium?

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
The ring is absolutely stunning! I had never seen an offset ellipsoid (which is what I would consider getting should I make another ring). It is always a pleasure to see multiple pictures to give one a better sense of the design elements that compose your wonderful ring. I cannot wait for your set to be complete so you can get those handshots in the SMTR area, also I would be intensely curious if upon wearing, you find that the culet touches the top of your finger (this happens to me on the days my ring is loose).

I am somewhat surprised however, since I was under the impression that you chose the "bead blasted" satin finish but what I see is the "brushed" finish using Bruce''s terminology [NB, other people call this satin, much to my confusion when speaking with other jewelers]. Because I once had a miscommunication with a jeweler about this... I did EXACTLY as you did and sent the Boone ring to the jeweler and asked him to replicate the "brushed" aka satin finish for my Iceberg ring. My personal bias is towards the "brushed" finish simply because of the ease of maintainance, though I am rather OCD about my rings and haven''t yet (knock on wood), scratched the shank once.

And thanks for sharing the ring size, it helps give a sense of scale to the highly magnified pictures... I totally understand where you are coming from with the price of Platinum and how larger sized rings tack on added metal expenses (thankfully I can get away with a size 7-7.5)

I am glad that the few men''s rings that do get posted on PS are some of the most sleek, handsome designs to be available in the market today (personally I NEVER enjoyed gold nuggets... shudder)
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 9:58:27 PM
Ellen, I saw this 5-carat on Blue Nile for $76.6K: 5.01 H VS2. I saw another 5.03 carat F VS2 for $114.5K.

So at 5% inflation per year, in 10 years, the BN diamond will cost $124.8K. At 7% inflation, $150.7K. You had better buy that 5-carat right away!
lol What I think I better do is face the fact that unless I win the lottery, or inherit an insane amount of money (which is more probable but unlikely), I''m not getting it.
38.gif

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 11:27:51 PM
Author: swingirl
Very nice. I love the satin finish with the asscher. Aren't you glad you are not sitting on it anymore!! It'll look much nicer on your finger...hand shots next??
Swingirl,

Thanks. Hand shots as soon as I get the ring...
20.gif

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 12:16:15 AM
Author: N8-Star
I had been following your other topic when initally going through with the ring decision process... I myself am about to have a ring made by Bruce Boone... I had never considered a two-tone ring... It looks fantastic!!! Congrats!!

Did you end up using the 8-1-1 titanium?
N8Star

By 2-tone, do you mean the finishes? It is solid titanium, polished and brushed. It is the standard TI, I did not opt for anything harder or special. Thanks.

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 2:40:48 AM
Author: Scott 00
The ring is absolutely stunning! I had never seen an offset ellipsoid (which is what I would consider getting should I make another ring). It is always a pleasure to see multiple pictures to give one a better sense of the design elements that compose your wonderful ring. I cannot wait for your set to be complete so you can get those handshots in the SMTR area, also I would be intensely curious if upon wearing, you find that the culet touches the top of your finger (this happens to me on the days my ring is loose).

I am somewhat surprised however, since I was under the impression that you chose the 'bead blasted' satin finish but what I see is the 'brushed' finish using Bruce's terminology [NB, other people call this satin, much to my confusion when speaking with other jewelers]. Because I once had a miscommunication with a jeweler about this... I did EXACTLY as you did and sent the Boone ring to the jeweler and asked him to replicate the 'brushed' aka satin finish for my Iceberg ring. My personal bias is towards the 'brushed' finish simply because of the ease of maintainance, though I am rather OCD about my rings and haven't yet (knock on wood), scratched the shank once.

And thanks for sharing the ring size, it helps give a sense of scale to the highly magnified pictures... I totally understand where you are coming from with the price of Platinum and how larger sized rings tack on added metal expenses (thankfully I can get away with a size 7-7.5)

I am glad that the few men's rings that do get posted on PS are some of the most sleek, handsome designs to be available in the market today (personally I NEVER enjoyed gold nuggets... shudder)
9.gif
Scott,

about the culet, I will know after I get the ring...

about the finsh, yes I went between both finishes, starting out with a preference of a "satin" which Bruce calls "bead blasted" (probably because the is how he achieves it with his media - TI), but after seeing this photo, I thought the TI ended up looking a little too dark with that finish, so I opted for his "brushed" which I called satin, yes the lingo can be trying...

I also thought that I would better be able to maintain the finish that I chose, especially as BOTH ring makers are out of State, and I want as little shipping back and forth as possible after receiveing them.

about the magnified picture, I actually had to reduce them TWICE to get them to as you see them. The way they come from WF I could cover the side of a bus, great for seeing the details, though...

Gold nuggets - (exactly what I was thinking about when I said..."Fathers Olds...) It is still true that when you walk in to a jewelery store, they have case after case for Women, and maybe a small corner of a case for Men - and that is mostly decades behind - style-wise...ugh.

flatwithsatinandpolish.jpg

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Oh, the pic of the blues came in,

melleresized.JPG

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous. Well done!

I have to say - tension set rings amaze me - the stone just seems to sit there with nothing keeping it up. I am sure its not going to fall out but it looks like you could just lift it out!
21.gif

Maisie

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/10/2007 11:35:35 AM
Oh, the pic of the blues came in,
Love the blues.
They look the color of a moonlit sky!
3.gif
30.gif

Some day I may get into colored diamonds but there is so much to learn, and they are so $$$$.
23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results