shape
carat
color
clarity

Pic of My Martin Flyer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fightingrousher

Rough_Rock
I am purchasing a Martin Flyer Engagement Ring. The ring is a Flyer Fit, has a bezel and side stones, .55c weight, and 18K white gold. The center diamond is a GIA certified 1.04, F, SI-2. The inclusion is white. I am new to diamonds, I think the flaw is described as a feather. I cannot see it with my naked eye. I have made a down payment and they are holding it for me. The will refund 100% of my money if I decide not to buy it. The price is $4,900 and this includes diamond, ring, tax and comes with free cleanings, sizings, and covers tips, prongs, and any other service for life. I really like this ring and was wondering if this is a good price. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

VM003PL-AENG_mid.png

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi fg,

The price seems really good considering that''s everything. Maybe almost too good? Not sure... First, what shape is the stone? Also, do you know what the cut grade/stats are on it? Also, I would want to know if the feather is breaking the surface.

If you could give us more info, we could offer more opinion.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems kind of low to me also. I did an internet search and most of the Martin Flyer settings I saw were easily in
the $3k and up range. The lowest I could find (simple settings) were in the $2k range. If you get it I would
make sure they have a good return policy and take it to have it appraised. Do you know if this is a trustworthy
jeweler? I say just do your homework and be sure.

Edit..One other thing I was wondering about. What do you mean it has a bezel? I'm not really seeing what
I consider a bezel on that ring but I could be wrong
26.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 1:20:17 PM
Author: Ellen
Hi fg,

The price seems really good considering that''s everything. Maybe almost too good? Not sure... First, what shape is the stone? Also, do you know what the cut grade/stats are on it? Also, I would want to know if the feather is breaking the surface.

If you could give us more info, we could offer more opinion.
Ditto.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 2:00:10 PM
Author: tyty333
Seems kind of low to me also. I did an internet search and most of the Martin Flyer settings I saw were easily in
the $3k and up range. The lowest I could find (simple settings) were in the $2k range. If you get it I would
make sure they have a good return policy and take it to have it appraised. Do you know if this is a trustworthy
jeweler? I say just do your homework and be sure.

Edit..One other thing I was wondering about. What do you mean it has a bezel? I''m not really seeing what
I consider a bezel on that ring but I could be wrong
26.gif
I''m not sure either, but maybe fightinggrousher is talking about the bezel-set secret diamond?! Just a guess, though.

Rough_Rock
I actually went and took a look at that exact ring today, and it is very nice. You will be very happy.

fightingrousher

Rough_Rock
Ok here is an update. I received a copy of the lab report. I was wrong it is EGL not GIA. I don''t really know what this info means but here it is:
1.04 Cts. Princess
Measurements: 5.46-5.42x4.13mm.
Total Depth: 76.2%
Table Width: 70%
Crown Height: 12%
Pavilion Depth: 60%
Girdle Thickness: Slightly Thick, Polished
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Clarity Grade: SI2
Graining: Nil
Color Grade: F
Flourescence: None

This is coming from Genesis Diamonds in Nashville, TN. I have done research and it seems to be a reputable dealer. They are the official jeweler of the Titans, if that means anything.
Sorry when I was saying bezel I was talking about the square around the bottom of the diamond. Sorry I didn''t know what it was called. Thank you so much for your help!
Oh yeah, and the feather that I could see did not break the surface.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results