shape
carat
color
clarity

Peace of Mind

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sullied

Rough_Rock
I recently visited and purchased a diamond and a setting from, a diamond manufacturer in Amsterdam. I am feeling as though I may have not received the best deal and in fact may have been ripped off. I must say, the ring is quite beautiful and being caught in the moment I bought it. I am hoping someone can put my mind to ease and if not, what actions I may take under the circumstances /possible next steps. Your feedback is really appreciated. The manufacturer came highly recommended.

The specs are as follows. Exactly as written on the "certificate" they provided me.

Shape: Brilliant
Weight: 1.25 cts, 2=.10cts
Colour: Wesselton (H)
Quality: VS1
Proportions: Good

Diamond Ring
Purchase Price 10,000€

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Perhaps the help of an independent appraiser would
go a long way.

What is the exchange difference between U.S.dollars and Euro?

I am trying to establish the U.S. dollar value based on what you paid for it in euro's.

Kirk

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
wavey.gif
I think you overpayed!!
Did you check out diamond sites to compare?
also, did you get a g.i.a report?It seems as though you didnot (wesselton is not a g.i.a grade).If it is not a g.i.a than it might be off by one shade or one grade.

is there any way you can return it??

sorry.
just my thoughts.
1.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
'Wesselton' grade is commonly used here in Europe. Are you happy with your diamond? If you are, then this is the right diamond for you. Maybe you could find better prices elsewhere, but don't worry too much about it!!! For the peace of your mind, you could bring it to an appraiser to get all the grades checked... Again, if this diamond caught your eyes when you saw it, it's the perfect stone for you!!!!!!

Giangi
1.gif

sullied

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your comments diamondsman and Giangi, both valid and to the point.

Taking into consideration that I like the stone and possibly having overpaid, I was wondering, more or less, what is the range in $ that I should have paid for the diamond.

Thanks again and looking forward for responses!
twirl.gif

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
wavey.gif
Considering the fact that it is not a g.i.a stone ,we have to assume that it is at least one shade less,
and that would put it in in the catagory of an I color.
But... even if it was an HVS1 G.I.A !! I did a search, the price is in the mid $6,000.00, plus the two side stones and the ring ,should not have cost you more than a total of $7,200.00.

1.gif

sullied

Rough_Rock
That's what I was afraid of. Thanks much for your feedback. I intend to follow-up with the manufacturer where I purchased the diamond.

Ciao and Thank you.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Ciao Sullied
9.gif
!!

Believe me, when it comes to diamonds price isn't the most important thing. There's always a better price somewhere... Keep in mind that B+M prices are higher than those of a website...

Giangi

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results