shape
carat
color
clarity

paying in cash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dschmid

Rough_Rock
can one expect a discount for paying up front in cash? especially if it is a larger purchace ($8-10K)? Thanks

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is usually a discount for wiring money from your bank account to theirs. This usually runs 2-3% with most of the vendors around here.

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
I find that when I offer to pay cash instead of putting the payment on my credit card, the vendor almost always agrees to a discount. They have to pay a fee of maybe 3% for the credit. When I ordered my $11,000. Scott Kay engagement ring semi-mount and wedding ring, they gave me a discount of 20% and offered to pay the taxes on the purchase - a huge difference in price! I also got a discount for my diamond by paying in cash.

I find that it does not hurt to ask.

Cyren

Rough_Rock
Hate to say it, but, one advantage to paying with a credit card would be the ability to revoke the charges if something were to go drastically wrong.
23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results