shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave band -- question about the "holes" behind the pave

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Vebs

Rough_Rock
In your opinion, on a micropave band, do the openings behind the tiny diamonds add a lot, and help the pave diamonds to sparkle? I''m talking about the tiny "holes" most jewelers put in the metal for light to pass through the tiny diamonds. Do you think there is a big difference if there are no openings behind the pave diamonds? Will this cause the pave diamonds to sparkle much less? Or will it not make much of a difference?

Thanks for any info.

- Vebs

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
One question pops up....how does the light get in with it on your finger? There are other threads on this topic.........
33.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Light only enters a diamond from the top. That''s why a diamond can still sparkle in a bezel setting (assuming the diamond is well cut, of course)
1.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2005 8:22:25 PM
Author: Feydakin
Real quick, the holes have nothing to do with light return and everything to do with being able to clean the ring properly..
Yes, and aren''t they called azures or something like that?

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2005 8:22:25 PM
Real quick, the holes have nothing to do with light return and everything to do with being able to clean the ring properly..
So how would one clean a 3sided pave ring with no *holes* on the band?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2005 5:38:3 AM
Author: JadeLeaves

So how would one clean a 3sided pave ring with no *holes* on the band?
Well, the long ultra sonic (& acid?) session do not sound all that safe done every week or so... Are they ?

Some 3-sided pave bands come set on a metal lattice (even more opened than the bands with ajoures) - Tiffany and Varche does this for the paved eternity bands. The very thin ring shanks covered with pave don''t really have the choice, I would think.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2005 1:58:45 PM
But I would definately neutralize the acid before putting in out your finger
6.gif
Lol
23.gif
I certainly hope so
31.gif

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
The ultra-sonic won''t hurt the ring at all, but it certainly will find out if stones are loose way before they become unsafe. It is a very reassuring thing to know a ring has been in the ultra-sonic for hours.

What acid do you use Steve?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results