shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval experts, please help choose between 5 Ovals (E-G, SI)

AandW

Rough_Rock
Re: Oval experts, please help choose between 5 Ovals (E-G, S

tyty333|1427464769|3853204 said:
Diamonds can chip, crack or break for various reasons (inclusion or no-inclusion). It is rare but it does happen. That inclusion is so
small that it would not bother or hinder me from buying this stone. Get insurance to protect from damage or loss.

Inclusions that would bother me are major feathers that go from one side of the stone to another side of the stone or
feathers on corners of a princess.

This is the biggest purchase of our lives, with essentially no return policy, so thank you for giving us some peace of mind! :D :D :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

As long as I cannot see that inclusion, it would not bother me. As tyty already said, you need insurance on any diamond ring since any diamond can chip or crack given the right circumstances. Plus they can be lost or stolen!

AandW

Rough_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1427508097|3853538 said:
As long as I cannot see that inclusion, it would not bother me. As tyty already said, you need insurance on any diamond ring since any diamond can chip or crack given the right circumstances. Plus they can be lost or stolen!

There's so much anxiety when making such a big purchase....thanks for the advice :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can totally relate! It is a lot of money and I overly deliberate on my own purchases as well! Good luck and please come back and post your finished ring!

Jadx

Rough_Rock

AandW|1427470638|3853270 said:
tyty333|1427464769|3853204 said:
Diamonds can chip, crack or break for various reasons (inclusion or no-inclusion). It is rare but it does happen. That inclusion is so
small that it would not bother or hinder me from buying this stone. Get insurance to protect from damage or loss.

Inclusions that would bother me are major feathers that go from one side of the stone to another side of the stone or
feathers on corners of a princess.

This is the biggest purchase of our lives, with essentially no return policy, so thank you for giving us some peace of mind! :D :D :D

Nice pick on the 1.45ct G VS2 oval. Please post pics when the ring is completed.

AandW

Rough_Rock
Final product - VC + GOG

Just popping in to show you guys the final product, thanks again for all your help with choosing!

VC's work is so amazingly delicate, everyone was right that you don't really need to give Victor much direction, he knows exactly what to do.

Also, I've only ever seen ovals under strong spotlighting in the big brand name stores, so I don't really know how to tell if its a good performer, so any thoughts are welcomed :)

_33895.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

WOW :love: :love: :love:

You're going to have to make a thread in SMTB with 100x more pictures.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock

Gorgeousness :appl: :love: :clap: :dance:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful! It looks extremely large (in a good way) on her hand...like a 2 carat+! Please do make a SMTB thread and post more
photos with details

Congrats on your engagement!!! :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Wow! Gorgeous ring! Please start a SMTB thread with more photos if you find time. Your stone looks fabulous! The setting is perfect! :appl:

AandW

Rough_Rock

telephone89|1441218037|3922717 said:
WOW :love: :love: :love:

You're going to have to make a thread in SMTB with 100x more pictures.
Fancygems|1441250150|3922948 said:
Gorgeousness :appl: :love: :clap: :dance:
tyty333|1441285353|3923024 said:
Beautiful! It looks extremely large (in a good way) on her hand...like a 2 carat+! Please do make a SMTB thread and post more
photos with details

Congrats on your engagement!!! :appl:
Rockinruby|1441332920|3923417 said:
Wow! Gorgeous ring! Please start a SMTB thread with more photos if you find time. Your stone looks fabulous! The setting is perfect! :appl:

Thanks everyone! :D
I will try to take more pictures soon, but in the meantime we're off to our next project - wedding bands :???:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results