shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval enthusiasts, please advise.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Hello,

I recently had a thread asking about how to set an oval because I had recruited a ps vendor to help me seek one out, and I just received it the one he chose today. I took a picture of the n/s tip area that has a dark zone visible outside in the sun that I find displeasing. Is this as the vendor states a feature of the cut? I also attached indoor pictures for your viewing.

TIA

_14796.jpg

_14797.jpg

_14798.jpg

_14799.jpg

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
I apologize my pics are so bad, none are displaying the brightness across the belly. Last attempt.

_14806.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its a bad bowtie. Ovals that are completely without them are hard to find. But it can be done. Ovals that are well cut avoid or minimize them.

You can do better.

We can help you. Work witb Wink or GOG or BGD. All have good eyes for well performing fancies.

And I can hunt on JA for you later on. What is your budget?

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Gypsy,

You were the person I was hoping to hear from. I sent email to Mark to let him know I will be returning this one (250 charge restock fee). I had given a 6,000 dollar budget and was targeting eight mains, as he works with a cutter who cuts them with eight mains, however I am disappointed in this one.I am reluctant to try again. I originally was going to do a three stone round and switched to attempting a oval center.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Fancygems|1392156089|3613063 said:
Hi Gypsy,

You were the person I was hoping to hear from. I sent email to Mark to let him know I will be returning this one (250 charge restock fee). I had given a 6,000 dollar budget and was targeting eight mains, as he works with a cutter who cuts them with eight mains, however I am disappointed in this one.I am reluctant to try again. I originally was going to do a three stone round and switched to attempting a oval center.

I'm glad Gypsy weighed in as well! I think you answered your own question, but I'm sorry about your having to pay the $250 to restock it, wow. When I was working w/ GOG their videos & additional info really helped alot, but everyone on PS always suggests that our "eyes" have to be the final judge. So the fact that you weren't excited about the stone in person was a red flag (or a bunch of red flags) for me. That said though, I wouldn't completely give up if this is the first oval you've looked at especially if you're thinking of a 3-stone ring, they can be SO PRETTY (but I'm a little biased :)) ).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results