clarity

Oval buying advice

ovalbuyer

Rough_Rock

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ovalbuyer,
Can you get an aset image of that stone? Are you trying to go that high in clarity?
Have you seen this stone in person? It looks like it could be a nice stone but really
Need an aset to check on the light return.

Tyty333

ovalbuyer

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your input. The clarity doesn't need to be that high. I'm looking for a stone that will not have that much of a Bowtie and will sparkle almost as much as a round. I know a g color isn't bad at all but will I notice color in the stone at all. I've heard it's easier to see color in oval diamonds and I want it as bright as possible.

I've contacted ritani to see if I can get the asset image. I will post it if I can get it. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

ovalbuyer

Rough_Rock
I asked Ritani for an aset image. In return they offered a ags scintalation report but they said they weren't sure if it works for oval diamonds. Does anyone have any thoughts about this statement?

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful stone. Did you put it on hold?...it says it is sold. Can't answer about the AGS test.

Here is a comparison of D color to G color on JA. The 2c D vs is very nice and quite a bit cheaper than the one on ritani site and faces up about the same. the G color should face up very white even in an oval.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/oval-cut/?CaratFrom=1.95&CaratTo=10.00&Color=G,F,D,E,H&PriceFrom=400&PriceTo=999000&Sort=Carat%20asc,%20DefaultOrder&TabSelected=3&ps=15&DiamondID=131552,216679,175117,178121,154018

If the med. blue fl. does not make it oily or milky it could be a very nice bonus to the stone making it look blue in some lighting. After watching the videos again I prefer the faceting on the 2.09c D vs2 to the faceting on the Ritani stone.

ovalbuyer

Rough_Rock
so i tried to get an aset report and this what they said, "My apologies- As I suspected, we are not able to run “ASET” reports (or similar ones) on fancy shaped diamonds. They are really only meant for round diamonds, as ovals are just not judged the same way." Is this true?

They are allowing me to come see the stone in person in a jewlry store. I asked them to send a stone that's a higher color as well.

But now i'm considering the stone on the james allen site that ariel showed me. When you look at a g and d side by side, is there that much of a difference?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask Ritani to send it to AGS for a light performance-based grading report.

ovalbuyer

Rough_Rock
Thanks Ariel. You are a tremendous help. Finding the right stone is going to be a lot of hard work. I think I will contact James Allen and see what they can do. Also for the setting I hear Steven kirsch does amazing work. He seems expensive. How do you guys feel about his rings. I'm really nervous about leaving a stone with him but I'm sure it will be ok.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
I'm not knowledgeable about settings, but I know many like SK. You can start a new thread and ask for help on custom settings for ovals and the experts will help. has she said what type of setting she likes? Also Victor Canera comes highly recommended.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results