shape
carat
color
clarity

opposite of shrinkage... growage?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ssharma1121

Rough_Rock
Since I received my ring yesterday, my fiance has been telling his co-workers about the ring. He had originally thought that his co-workers had rings around 1.5 cts, so he was looking for a 1.7 ct. for me. Well, it turns out that most of his co-workers have around a carat or less and most of them did not spend that much on the e-rings. Granted they are resident doctors (the lean years of MD life), so they and their wives will probably upgrade later. Now I''m embarassed about my 1.77 ct stone. I''ve been spending a lot of time on PS, and everyone has around 2 or 3 carats so I thought that my 1.77 ct. was fine. Now I worry that the stone is too big and over the top!

By the way, I went to the mall today and people were impressed by the ring. One woman said "wow" as I walked by. My fiance said even babies were eyeing the ring!

vslover

Shiny_Rock
I only feel like my ring is big when someone with a smaller ring makes a big deal of it. Trust me...you''ll get used to the size and think it''s on the small side someday probably!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Enjoy what you have. It was a gift from your fiance. Whether big or small it''s the sentiment that counts and not what anyone else thinks. PSers have a variety of cuts and sizes. 1 ct is a very common size and the larger ones are often times upgrades. My upgrade is a 1.29 ct.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not sure why your FI''s coworkers had anything to do with what he picked for your engagement ring. It''s about you and him, so enjoy your ring becuase it came from him. And don''t worry, you''ll get used to the size pretty fast.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enjoy it! I''m sure its lovely on your hand! Pics please?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/3/2008 9:04:06 PM
Author: tberube
I''m not sure why your FI''s coworkers had anything to do with what he picked for your engagement ring. It''s about you and him, so enjoy your ring becuase it came from him. And don''t worry, you''ll get used to the size pretty fast.
Agreed!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Don''t be embarrassed! Some people will have bigger diamonds, some will have smaller ones. No matter how big or small yours is. Not everyone with a smaller diamond will be envious. I love seeing women with bigger diamonds than mine. It just means there''s more sparkle for me to enjoy as I go through my day!

Possibly people are eyeing your ring now now because you have that newly engaged glow about you. You''re probably radiating joy and hope and anticipation, which is probably sparkling (almost) as much as the ring. In fact, didn''t I see you walking in the park yesterday, with a smile on your face and a sparkle on your finger? No?

Maybe it was some other newly engaged woman, then.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I''ve noticed that you always get a ton of attention with a new ring. Even from strangers. Though a beautiful, clean, sparkly well cut diamond will attract some attention always, as you get more used to it, weirdly, either you stop noticing people notice it, or it looks more natural on you and people don''t ask about it quite as much. That''s my weird theory for the day anyway!

Also you will probably find it looks just right over time. Or small even. After a few months I bet you won''t even remember feeling self concious about it. Who cares what everyone else has? As far as my circle of friends and family goes, they all have either no ering, or a dainty .20is ct. I stand out a bit! (Not that that is anything unusual
20.gif
) Doesn''t stop me from wearing my rings all the time to family gatherings either.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Enjoy your ring 1.77 sounds like a great size. Mine is 1.67 and sometimes I wish it was a little bigger.
35.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t worry too much about it. As long as you and your hubby love it, I would just enjoy it. You could also consider wearing only a band to work when you get married if you feel uncomfortable. If people ask about the ring, you can just say something like..."yeah, he went overboard, but I love it" and people will probably change the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results